easystreet kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
easystreet kit
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:34 AM
okay so ive just started on my easystreet kit , got the struts on the car and hooked up the back lines and ran them into the trunk. now for hooking the lines to the rear strut connectors, is all i have to do is push them in ? when i try to pull them out they wont come out. but it doesnt seem like an airtight connection to me? ive just never used this type of fitting before and have never done airride so its all new to me.

another question while im here, ive posted pics of the car in the photos section under 06 update or preview or whatever, well with the strut in the what it seems fully closed position and the wheels on the car (19's) the wheel still seems to have like a 2" gap, looks like its on standard drop springs. i assumed with the bags it will tuck. now it probalby is sagging a little bit since its on jackstands and the wheels are pulling it down a little but by looking at it, it doesnt look like it could really go up in higher then it is.

another one lol on the back you have the piece on the bottom that you screw in and set with the nut to attach to the cars suspsention. did you guys run it with the screw all the way in? mine right now is about half way in. just figured i'd use that as a starting point, but figured if i ran it all the way in, that would get the back about an inch and a half lower.

and thast all my questions for today lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: easystreet kit
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:52 AM
the fittings are quick connect fittings. basically push it in and it goes into place. if you try and just pull straight out, it wont come out. you have to push it in and then pull out

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:57 AM
sndsgood-Please post pics of the install as many as you can. Ill be doing mine in a few weeks.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:29 PM
Question 1: Push the line in and pull the ring on the fitting out (not to hard though or you will pull it off)

Question 2: When all is said and done and you have the car on the ground it should tuck due to weight of the vehicle. With it up in the air and (assuming) you are just pulling up on the wheel it does not have enough pressure to 100% fully colapse (its not just bags, it has a shock in side it too).

Question 3: Mine is all the way in (I like it low ).

-Brandon

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:47 PM
thanks for the help guys, just by sliding that hose in it just to me doesnt seem like it would be air tight to hold the fitting. just seems odd to me to screw in all these fittings and using teflon tape etc to watch for leaks and these are just slide in. its wrong i tell you wrong lol.

red im guessing it wil go down a bit, but lookng at the strut itself it seems like the bag and top strut mount were allready touching i just didnt see how it could go down anymore but i guess maybe the bag section could get smaller. geez my dumb ass didnt even think about that. okay im an idiot on that one. duh........

orange syn i'll get as many pics as i can, but i tend to forget the camera when i get working. the struts are simple as pie to put on took me maybe two hours to put all 4 bags on the car. the rest will take some time, im doing it along with the audio so it will be a while before i can set the thing on the ground and test it. (talk about driving a guy nuts) this weekend im working on the new subbox.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:26 AM
just my advice here since i did the same thing and got stuck with a leak. do all the air connections now, and do the stereo afterwards, that way you can make sure it doesn't leak before you get all elaborate and put in a stereo

1st 1st gen on air.....
Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:44 AM
yea thats how i did mine. i put the tank together first w/ all the fittings and valves and i went to a gas station and filled it up and i pressure tested the tank before i even installed it

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:08 AM
Also guys did you mount your valves outside the car or inside? Where did you mount them?
thanx

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:13 AM
mine are inside, you can mount them where ever you want. the closer to the bag they are the quicker the bags will be

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:31 PM
Don't woory about the push to connect fitting's leaking, as long as the end of the tubing is cut square, they won't leak. I use them at work at PSI's far above what you'll be running without any problems.
Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:55 PM
But by mounting them outside will the water/dirt hurt them? Also wont you then hear when you dump air outside rather then inside?
thanx

Friday, March 31, 2006 3:56 AM
you'll hear it either way, its loud. as for dirt yea they will get dirty probably but not ridiciously dirty. you will still have to clean them every once and a while

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:22 AM
Cuz i know some people have the mounted inside and you can hear it. But when its outside it sounds better for others to hear.

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:28 AM
its whatever you want.

Friday, March 31, 2006 12:50 PM
how often do you need to drain out the tank?? (I assume you do cause of the condensation and what not)

Check out my cardomain Team Altered
BIG CHANGES
Friday, March 31, 2006 8:45 PM
Abby87Z24 (Now bagged) wrote:just my advice here since i did the same thing and got stuck with a leak. do all the air connections now, and do the stereo afterwards, that way you can make sure it doesn't leak before you get all elaborate and put in a stereo

got to build the box just to see what room i have to fit everything in. ive got allot of stuff going in the trunk and i have to see how everything is going to fit first.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:52 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:how often do you need to drain out the tank?? (I assume you do cause of the condensation and what not)

water trap i drain weekly and tank i drain monthly

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search