Spinning strut piston? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spinning strut piston?
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:22 PM
Is it bad to spin the strut piston while trying to tighten down or removing the top nut? Will it damage the strut in anyway? I have tokico Dspecs and in the front I put too many washers in, and there is only abou 1 to 1.5 threads sticking out. I wanted to just take the nut off and remove a couple washers. I used loctite on it when I installed it- thats why I'm asking.

Re: Spinning strut piston?
Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:40 PM
i JUST got done lowering my car and i can say that i twisted the hell outta those things and now that my cars back together, nothing is wrong.
i even had access to air tools and all so it had a little twist put on it when throwing it all back together..................dont worry about it is what im trying to say...........
Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:02 PM
One question...why would you use loctite on that nut?

Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:14 PM
you should have a lock washer on that nut

no need for loctite

Friday, March 31, 2006 4:48 AM
why would you use loctite on a nut? get a nylon locking nut. their like 35 cents

Saturday, April 01, 2006 2:03 PM
dont know, but my rear strut had blue locktite on it whenever i first took it off. thank god for air tools
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:02 AM
I put loctite on in for peace of mind.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:19 AM
No need for lock tight. It is not bad the the strut to spin. I have done a couple set up and taken mine apart so many time even did it this weekend.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search