sportlines bottoming - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sportlines bottoming
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:55 PM
anyone had problems with eibach sportlines bottoming out? I have about 100lbs in the trunk at all times for my system. i live and drive near a road that is pretty bad but i can avoid the bumps most of the time, i just really dont want to ruin the undercarriage of my ride. i do take out my system if i wanna go racing but anyone have suggestions, i dont mind the rough ride at all but should i just go with the prolines?

Re: sportlines bottoming
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:58 PM
What struts are they on?

If they're on stock you need to switch up to Koni or D-Specs.
If one of those two, then adjust them higher.
If they're already topped out you've reached the limit of what a lowered car can do.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:06 PM
im still debating on buying, i havnt got them yet. im thinking of the KYB GR2, or the tokico blue. bad/good idea?
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:09 PM
Bad idea. Get Konis or D-Specs or you will have problems just like now.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:21 PM
those d-specs are $600, which koni's do you mean and whats the rough cost of em? ballpark.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:11 PM
you'll want to look into koni yellows or reds, the yellows are about 600 without tax, so about the same as the tokicos im not exactly sure how much the reds will cost or who sells them but you can bet that they are gonna be more expensive than that. theyre expensive, but if you want to do it rite the first time, without headaches, those are pretty much your options. KYB GR2 is just a performance replacement shock/strut, and isn't really rated for a big drop (if any drop at all), and the tokico blues aren't rated to go that low. check out this FAQ if you want some good info HOW TO LOWER A CAR-THE RIGHT WAY

turbotechracing.com sells both koni yellows and the tokico d-specs close to the cheapest, as sets.
team vision racing (ryne.com/storefront) also has some of the cheapest prices.
good luck with youre choice man, i hope this helps.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:01 AM
Always remember...

If you're bottoming out, it's because you're not getting support from your strut (or shock).
When you put lowering springs on struts/shocks that aren't designed for a spring that low, it will not absorb properly.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:27 AM
the only place your going to find the REDS is either used or from someone who hasn't sold out any remaining stock.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:03 AM
FIREHAZZRD wrote:those d-specs are $600, which koni's do you mean and whats the rough cost of em? ballpark.

dont be cheap and you wont bottom out. the reason its bottoming out now is because you tried to take the cheap way out and not get struts. your stock struts are blown and thats whats bottoming out. gr2s and hps are oem replacements meaning they will do basically what the oem struts do. that isnt going to help you, your just gonna be wasting money on them. the only proper struts for those springs are dspecs or koni yellows which both are gonna run about 550-600 each. suspension is not something to cheap out on

Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:58 PM
I thought that the tokico d-spec were only warranteed for a 1.5" drop?

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:34 PM
on stock struts and you are asking why you are bottoming out. That is like saying my bare hand is in the fire why is my skin burning.

GR-2 and tokico blue are stock replacements. I think you have been given you options. If you try anything else please don't come back and ask why you are bottoming out. People say Pro kits and stock are ok. i had that and i did not like it.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:00 PM
Get the Tokico D Specs. I got ahold of one of the techs at Tokico, and they do warranty the D Specs for the Sportline drop. I've never bottomed out on my Tokico setup.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:13 PM
i think i will go for the D-specs, everyone seems to be pretty happy with them and I can get em for cost so... why not eh? i can't wait to get this @!#$ on, stock is so boring! thanks guys.
Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:35 PM
hey guys sorry to thread jack but since you on the subject can you tell me this?

will i be ok running tokico hp-series struts/shocks with tien H-tech springs?

my real question is though will these struts hold up to that drop and not blow?

thanks for the answers

and sorry for thread jacking!

Who needs a sig?
www.sinisterimages.com
Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:59 PM
^^^they'll probably be okay for a while, since the h-techs are such a mild drop and the spring rates on them are pretty close to stock from what I understand.

Friday, March 31, 2006 4:29 AM
yea the h-techs arent that big of a drop and the hps will probably work but no one can tell you if they are gonna blow or not. even konis blow so we cant really tell you. ill tell you that theres a better chance they will blow soon than if you got agx's. me personally i would spend the little extra money and get the agxs for 3 reasons

1) they will handle the drop
2) the are life time warrentied struts
3) the adjustable

Friday, March 31, 2006 8:27 PM
ok thanks guys for the info and all the help! now i know what i need to do!

Who needs a sig?
www.sinisterimages.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search