right rear brake lock up, anyone else.... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
right rear brake lock up, anyone else....
Monday, March 27, 2006 12:28 PM
yo yo

howdy jbo's

listen, sometimes after a rain, or really moist night, when i first hit my brakes, the rear right brake grabs really violently and loud

it only happens for a split second

and it wont happen again until its moisty and has sat

my uncle, the prior 1st owner, told me it would happen

hes brought it to the dealer, and they say everything is all good

im sure its just one of those little personality traights of the cav

anyone else have this happen?

Re: right rear brake lock up, anyone else....
Monday, March 27, 2006 9:54 PM
yea, but for me it's both rears. i dunno why it happens, im hoping that its just the fact that my shoes had minor cracks in them. recently changed them, but haven't been home to drive it, so im hoping man...it happens in the same conditions you said tho, when its moist out and the car has been sitting, and only for a split second, until the brakes get "warmed up" i guess you could say. and now hearing that someone else has this problem all i can really say is, DAMNIT GM! ...lol

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:03 PM
yea

im just glad it isnt only me

well, what can you do ya know...
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:31 AM
it happens to me only after snow falls lol, and other then that its ok, y it grabs... i have no idea.... but its "normal" haha so i was told not worry so im not worrying lol

What the deuce?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:40 AM
both for me after areally long hot day or rain or snow, basically anytime it sits for a while., did it since 45000km so i got used to it...
Broda

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:46 PM
Both of you get a can of brake CLEANER (wonder what that's for) and find the SEARCH button already!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:14 PM

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:24 PM
C.T.S wrote:Both of you get a can of brake CLEANER (wonder what that's for) and find the SEARCH button already!

brake cleaner is nowhere near a permenant fix for the problem, my brakes did it 2 days after i replaced everything in the rear drums

Its not how fast your car goes....its how much nerve the driver has to push it that fast.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:32 PM
my friend had this problem ,

it was the wheel speed sensor.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:46 PM
Quote:

Both of you get a can of brake CLEANER (wonder what that's for) and find the SEARCH button already!

yea dude really, thanks for the sarcasm and all, but brake cleaner isnt even a solution... all brake cleaner does is make your brakes nice and slippery... if you want to clean your brakes all you need to do is take a wet rag to them, itll do about the same thing... o and if you dont like to answer frequently asked questions, YOU DONT HAVE TO. thanks tho

the speed sensor, on the other hand, is something that should be looked into. good info.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:03 PM
right

there has to be a solution

the speed sensor is a start

do 98s' have abs in rear?

nice...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search