My last attempt horrible brake problem and ABSlite - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My last attempt horrible brake problem and ABSlite
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:17 AM
Well i have a couple problems. first ive posted before i have an EBRAKE AND ABS light on then came on at the exact same thing. After my remote start was installed they obviously did something wrong but taking it back to them isnt an option. ive checked ALL fuses etc. Im desperate to find the answer to this its VERY annoying They obviously tapped the wrong wire or something?? i have no idea Im almost at the point to pull the dash lights out but then i get a feeling of something is wrong with my car and i half assed it which i dont like anymore then the lights to begin with

Anyway my other problem ive adjusted my brakes time and time again when im braking the back of the car grabs HARD and its like i use my ebrake to stop. And its loud and embarrising its like 100% back brakes. Ive put NEW front pads. new back shoes Adjusted the gear in the back accordingly. Drove in reverse and slam on the brakes to adjust them. Worked for about a day. When i changed my calipers the boot looked nasty and all cracking so my next option will to buy new calipers.

Now maybe somehow the ebrake, abs light have something to do with this brake problem. highly doubtful but it still needs to be fixed. Ive been trying to get my hands on a tech2 but im not even sure that will tell me exactly wuts wrong.

My car would be MUCH more pleasent to drive if i could figure this crap out especially which wires they COULD have crossed or something to make the ebrake and abs come on at the same time. Thanks to anyone who helps any insight suggestions are apperciated

Re: My last attempt horrible brake problem and ABS
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:45 AM
Read this. Especially the part about being a noob.
Here's a link to the fix.
And finally, a link to 99% of "How do I fix (fill in the blank)" common problems.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:01 AM
you have to realize hes too lazy to search

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:31 AM
ok well i searched, EVERY thread about abd AND ebrake light has came up dead. no one found a solution except MAYBE theres no power to abs module. This is far from a newbie question. And its not a common problem so anyone that has advice that i can actually use it will be apperciated.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:35 AM
im more concerned about the abs and brake light. more then the sticking im more mechinally inclinded rather then electrically. if YOU would of read the entire thing you would know that its more then one problem.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:43 AM
if it came on right after the alarm , then TAKE IT BACK

next best thing is to pull the alarm brain out , and see if the light goes out , and stays out

it might have something to do with the starter disable relay

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:43 AM
well honestly when all else fails and you cant figure it out, how about taking it to a mechanic instead of driving it still?

my guess is the abs and ebrake light are kicking on by a bad sensor

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:51 AM
You described two problems. In the first two posts the answers to both are provided.
ABS light, take it back. If you refuse.... If you insist on fixing it yourself you should start by taking the console (thing between the seats) apart and checking the ebrake handle switch.
Rear brake lockup, can of brake cleaner. Had you bothered to read what I suggested you would have the answers to all your questions already.

As for the newbie part, I wasn't suggesting that the question was a newbie one. I was suggesting that you're lucky anyone can understand that Engrish babble which is barely comprehensible. I hope you don't talk that way in real life, you'll have a hard time going any place. If you don't talk that way in real life, what makes you think it's acceptable here?

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:23 PM
engrish babble? lol thats even more funny then what he wrote
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:29 PM
i talk the same i do here as i would anywhere else.. Anyway

its not a simple ABS sensor. its NOT the ebrake switch. ebrake switch doesnt trigger ABS and abs sensor doesnt trigger EBRAKE. its most likely a problem with the ABS module itself which will TRIGGER BOTH. im smart enough to figure that out and thats more then anyone has helped me with in the thread thusfar. The shop wont do @!#$. in life sometimes all you can do is cut your losses and start over its not worth it to bitch. so this is why im trying to do it myself. Does anyone know a wire that is controlled by the ABS module itself? im guessing this is either grounded out or someother thing but i dont have any diagrams as far as ABS

The back brakes.. I put brake cleaner on numerous times. ive adjusted the drums, yes i know how. I think i need a new caliper kit seals etc i think mine are worn out as the piston and rubber is all cracked and dry. i also will bleed the system that should help that. the main focus is what is causing these lights. It has nothing to do with the alarm ONLY the remote start part of it i had the alarm installed like a year and a half longer then i had the remote start without a problem it HAS to be something with the abs module itself or the wiring do it.

Now that ive narrowed it down does anyone have any abs wiring diagrams or a color wire that would provide power to abs etc??.
I thought they could of tapped the wrong wire for the brake turn off switch on remote start but when i hit my brake the car turns off without the key so it seems to be working fine i just dont know wut else they could of messed up

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:09 PM
The ABS module can not control the eBrake light. Only the switch in the console can. If the switch isn't bad, then the wire is shorted somewhere.

The ABS controller wiring I"ll have to look up. I know there isn't much to it really. There something like 10 wires that go to the module itself. 8 wires to the sensors. A few power wires. A few comm wires, one of which controlls the light in the dash.

Do you have traction control?

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:47 PM
might whomever wired the remote start splice into the ebrake switch, so if it's lit, a "signal" would be sent to the autostart saying it's okay to start the car?

and if the back brakes are messed up, would that tell the ABS module that ABS might not be available due to brake problems and give you an ABS light on the cluster?

maybe it's a proportioning valve problem.

just throwing ideas out there, that's all.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:19 PM
C.T.S wrote:The ABS module can not control the eBrake light. Only the switch in the console can. If the switch isn't bad, then the wire is shorted somewhere.

wrong, the abs module can surely trigger the brake light, as it also stands for a brake pressure issue, when replacing the mc,i had a piston in the wrong place, i had no brakes in rear, thus the brake pressure light was on till i fixed the problem

Its not how fast your car goes....its how much nerve the driver has to push it that fast.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:06 PM
C.T.S wrote:The ABS module can not control the eBrake light. Only the switch in the console can. If the switch isn't bad, then the wire is shorted somewhere.

The ABS controller wiring I"ll have to look up. I know there isn't much to it really. There something like 10 wires that go to the module itself. 8 wires to the sensors. A few power wires. A few comm wires, one of which controlls the light in the dash.

Do you have traction control?

yes you are very wrong.. unplug your abs module and watch the abd and brake light come on theres too many people on this site that think they know it all and would rather bitch then to actually help

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:07 PM
Z24 FReQ (Jarett) wrote:might whomever wired the remote start splice into the ebrake switch, so if it's lit, a "signal" would be sent to the autostart saying it's okay to start the car?

and if the back brakes are messed up, would that tell the ABS module that ABS might not be available due to brake problems and give you an ABS light on the cluster?

maybe it's a proportioning valve problem.

just throwing ideas out there, that's all.

once again i dont think it is the acutal ebrake switch since it happen im thinkin they spliced into the abs module wire somewhere but i dont know the wires to check .. and im surprized it didnt blow any fuses

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:09 PM
neone know the wires inside the car to abs module? i know theres like 8 wires to the sensors but which color is actually inside the car?

Friday, March 31, 2006 12:00 AM
I guess it time for you to buy the $20 manual.

1) The ebrake is not part of the ABS system. Its a friggen cable and lever.

2) Ive pulled the harness out of my ABS modual and had only the abs light come on, not the brake light.

3) You have described the lights on my dash, which is a BCM problem, the break grabbing part for me was just a coincidence.

Many times, that my gauges go nuts, my rear brakes lock. And only half the time the ebrake and Abs light come on. go figure. http://media.putfile.com/Guage-problem

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:25 AM
i already have a manual it has no abs wiring in it.
the abs module will set off the ebrake light due to the level switch not working if the abs module has no power.
3) makes no sence

Friday, March 31, 2006 4:47 PM
wheel speed sensor its like 115 dollars but it fixes the problems and makes the lights go away..

my friend had the exact smae problem
Friday, March 31, 2006 5:44 PM
wheel speed sensor, will not trigger a parking brake pressure light, wow people are just guessing out of their ass on here

Its not how fast your car goes....its how much nerve the driver has to push it that fast.
Friday, March 31, 2006 10:13 PM
i thought so..lol all i really need to know which wire under the dash would trigger both lights

Friday, March 31, 2006 11:34 PM
no it didnt trigger the parking brake light

but it did trigger the ABS, trac control, and the one for service car
Saturday, April 01, 2006 9:29 AM
well abs light itself is a whole new issue. thats not really the problem its SOMETHING triggered them both i wish it was only abs

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:36 AM
El Fuego ( the grounded one ) wrote:I guess it time for you to buy the $20 manual.

1) The ebrake is not part of the ABS system. Its a friggen cable and lever.

2) Ive pulled the harness out of my ABS modual and had only the abs light come on, not the brake light.

3) You have described the lights on my dash, which is a BCM problem, the break grabbing part for me was just a coincidence.

Many times, that my gauges go nuts, my rear brakes lock. And only half the time the ebrake and Abs light come on. go figure. http://media.putfile.com/Guage-problem

I went out tonight to try to figure something out or what not. In side the drive side kick panel is the abs computer i pulled one of 2 harness' off in the car WITHOUT a problem. It did indeed set abs and brake lights.

So im not sure if the alarm tapped something or not or could it be possible i just need a new abs computer? i dont know wut to do i dont want to pull the bulbs and its irritating the hell out of me! IT HAS TO BE from the abs computer its not a speed sensor its not a fluid level and its not the ebrake switch.

and theres so many damn wires under my dash it just pisses me off more lol if i wanted to replace the abs computer it would be a nitemare just to work around the damn wires i really need to get it cleaned up under there i tried tonight to see what was wut and follow the abs wires as far as i could go to the firewall to see if they have been tapped or nething but i didnt see anything.

i would go buy an abs computer no problem IF it didnt happen the SECOND i got my car back from having remote start put on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search