Put In Coilovers and Now Car Rides Lopsided - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Put In Coilovers and Now Car Rides Lopsided
Monday, March 27, 2006 4:51 PM
I installed a coilover kit on my 2002 Cavalier and now the car rides lop-sided. The back drivers side ride about and in lower than the passenger side. i adjusted the springs accordingly and not a day later it still sagged like that. Do I have crappy springs or is there something I can do to fix this?

Re: Put In Coilovers and Now Car Rides Lopsided
Monday, March 27, 2006 4:58 PM
what coils do you have and what struts are they on?

Monday, March 27, 2006 5:47 PM
they will all need adjusted seperately.......it if rides lower the shock is proally bad.

you cant just set them to a specified height unless you bought all new struts, even then you might have to make some adjustments

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Monday, March 27, 2006 7:11 PM
the shock has nothing to do with the ride height, what type of coilovers are they?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:58 AM
i know they have nothing to do w/ the height, i was just curious to see what he was using

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:31 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]i know they have nothing to do w/ the height, i was just curious to see what he was using

your waiting to hear ebay specials on stock arnt u lol

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:21 AM
heh. Sitting on the spring perches with one shifted sideways in the spring groove.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:47 PM
I am using a set of SH Technologies that I bought on eBay. I installed them on my stock shocks. I am also using Vibrant upper strut bars on the front and rear. I know some of this may not matter, but I am trying to provide as much info as I can. I have checked all the obvious things: Spring shifted sideways and what not. I have also adjusted the springs once already. When I installed them, they were lop sided from the beginning. I adjusted the springs accordingly and the car was level. Then, I looked around a day later, and they were lop sided again, but my adjustments had not changed. Everything was exactly the same as when I leveled it initially. I really have no idea what to do. Would a different spring kit fix it? Possibly an Eibach? Or do I need new shocks/struts? Please help me out. Post any more information you need and I will be glad to supply it.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:07 PM
well it seems your using a junk set of coilovers on stock struts...thats the problem right there, for coilovers i would only use koni struts and personally i'd only go with a good company like eibach for the coils

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:34 PM
Basically, throw it all out and get yourself a proper suspension.

How are the coilover sleeves attached to the struts?

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:39 PM
^x2

The springs are probably different rates (I'll bet money they're rejects from some other manufacturer) and thus sitting at strange heights. You could level it all out with time and patience (scales would help too). But it will probably ride awkwardly.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:02 AM
^^3. what they said.

you shouldnt lower your car on stock struts because they cant handle the drop. as for the coilovers you probably got ripped off.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:02 AM
Brian Lindsay wrote:
bagged wrote:i know they have nothing to do w/ the height, i was just curious to see what he was using

your waiting to hear ebay specials on stock arnt u lol

see its like a gift i have to be able to know these things

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:21 PM
I agree with getting a proper setup. Although more expensive, believe me......its definately worth it. I have been riding around with dropzone springs with stock struts for the past two or so weeks. Not recommended. I just installed some tokico dspecs and everything is just awesome now. I tried to cheap out as well, i admit it. But with suspensions, you just shouldnt do it. cheap out on something as big as a suspension and you run into problems like i had. Bouncing, noise, and blown struts. A good set of struts are gonna cost $450+. Once you have those struts taken care of i guess you could use cheaper springs, but then again.......you can get the problem youhave now. Lopsidedness, uneveness, etc.

"Lil Brudder! He's got the heart of a champion!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search