struts with sportlines - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
struts with sportlines
Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:52 PM
ok, im going to get the eibach sportlines(1.7" front drop, 2.3" rear drop) for my 97 Z24. which struts would be best with those springs? i've heard that the KYB agx struts are awesome, but ive also heard they aren't recommended to go below 1.5" dropped. what would be my best options in this case, or would the KYB agx's be ok for my application
im just gettin started with my z24 so i don't know a lot about it yet, but i love to learn more and more about my car.
thanks guys, i appreciate all and any opinions.

Re: struts with sportlines
Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:23 PM
please get familiar w/ the faqs. this question can be answered in there.

anything that low you should get d-specs or koni yellows. that is if you wanna do it right the first time

Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:37 PM
and rite the first time i do want to do..
sorry, i did search a little, but not thorough enough i guess.

thanks a lot man.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:08 PM
I have koni yellows w/ my sportlines and they are workin pretty sweet...i seem to like em and they are working great
Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:16 PM
i have the sportlines and koni yellows and i love them, would deffonatly recomend them.

If it doesnt break then you didnt drive it hard enough!

I drive an automatic, I'll race you... 1 hand and 1 foot.
Monday, March 27, 2006 10:25 AM
i have konis with my sportlines. that would be the best choice. but you can also use the d-specs. those are the best choices for that type of drop.
Monday, March 27, 2006 3:37 PM
i have konis on my goldlines, love it

Monday, March 27, 2006 6:51 PM
ok cool, i guess thatd be the best setup then, awesome. i'll prob go with the koni yellows with the sportlines when i do it then. thanks!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:32 AM
Sorry to threadjack, but..................................
I want this same set-up as well (sportlines+ koni's or D-Specs). I have only my drivers seat, shifter, and dash, in my gutted interior. I was wondering about ride stiffness due to the lighter weight, especially if I get the carbon fiber hood/ trunklid. I just bought rims 17's and am seriously thinking about dropping my ride . Any help would be appreciated. Also when you guys are taking apart the mcpherson strut assembly, is it common to have to replace the perches ( or other parts)? Or are they usually ok. My cavalier is a 98 and has 100k. thanks again.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search