custom weird suspension questions - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
custom weird suspension questions
Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:01 PM
alright guys BIIIIG question to put out hear and i need all the help that i can get i have to decide what i am going to do with this since i am giving my car to my sister for her 16th birthday and i want it to be perfect for her suspension wise... alright now i put a coil over kit on there for me w. stock mounts and stock struts... however i blew the shocks right out and i killed the mounts... needless to say mounts i've blown thru 3 other sets and i'm on my second set of struts (blown of course) but the problem that i have hear is a few things i can do

1. i have a set of grand prix shocks and mounts that i was thinking of substituting in there w/ those springs but not quite sure if that would exactly work w/ this car

2. i could go w/ dropzone struts stick w/ the coil-overs i currently have and all that crap

3. get dropzones and coilovers stick w/ stock mounts

4. i could go to the junkyard and get j-body suspension set for about the same price as option 2

5. go back to stock suspension although this is the LAST thing i wanna do... especially since i want my sister to see and feel what driving a lowered car is and i want it to be perfect for her..

guys please hit me back up with this i am in dire need of help w/ this.. thanks all for reading...

Re: custom weird suspension questions
Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:25 PM
dropzones are crap shocks /springs imo, I wouldnt recommend those if you want it to feel "perfect" and its not safe to lower with stock suspension anyways, so out of all your options, I would pick the last one.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:31 PM
elinmate 5 because... its not really there anymore... sorry forgot about that #5 would be like brand new option of buying new struts and mounts from store
Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:55 AM
Options 4 and 5 are the only real options of what you've listed. If you want to use coilovers, you need to spend money on real struts like Konis. You can't use ghetto crap like Dropzone makes or any other OEM replacement struts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search