sway bar - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sway bar
Friday, March 10, 2006 1:13 PM
i took my car to the dealer today so they could tell me if i have a sway bar on the front of it. i dont and i want to get one from GM so there like you can order it but we dont know if the wholes are already there for the bar to bolt to. are all the cars the same so mine does have the wholes where or they difforent? i want to get the front one put on from GM.

Re: sway bar
Friday, March 10, 2006 2:09 PM
The holes are there. You need the bar, the D clamps w/ bushings, passenger side bolt (drv side is there already), and end link kit.

I would get an aftermarket bar, or from a junk yard. The clams, bushings and bolt I would get new from dealer. And the end link kit from any auto parts place. But that's me.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:48 PM
there is an addco group purchase going on the in the GP forumn for a great price
Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:02 PM
i will check that out i hope to get one around april. also i didnt want to make another post but i just put slotted rotors on my car what brake pads are good to use for them?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 2:47 PM
i picked up a stock sway bar for $50 at the junkyard idk what car its off i no its from a cavalier it might be of the 03. but im picking it up tomorrow and going to have someone put it on. the bushings that are comeing with it should i use them or get new ones?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:28 PM
i picked mine up at the scrap yard too, i paid $40 and got the 22mm one. Replace the bushings and end liinks, they are cheap anyways. Endlink kit has parts for both sides, just so you know, i paid around 15 each for the bushings and endlink kit for the lifetime napa pieces (i believe they are urathane)

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:50 PM
you got them from Napa?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:41 PM
the bushings and endlinks? yes

Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:31 AM
k thanks thats what i wanted to no. ill be going to napa today to order mine.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:55 PM
01sunfire wrote:i will check that out i hope to get one around april. also i didnt want to make another post but i just put slotted rotors on my car what brake pads are good to use for them?
Hawk or Green Stuff are good. Pretty much any ceramic are better than oem. Make a separate post so that others can see, and post.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:11 PM
well do. i got the sway bar today its of a 2003 cavalier coupe base. went to the dealer and they said it wont fit my car. then they told me $400 for the one thats for my car. how are they not the same? the brackets in the middle of the car they on my car now?

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:09 PM
heres the sway bar i got

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:16 PM
please tell me you didn't pay the 4 hundred?

and all the cars have the same parts for the sub-frame (where the bar mounts up). the only thing that changed is the thread size for a few years, thats it. my car came with no bar and it all bolts right up.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:19 PM
hell no im not paying 400 for a GM dealer to tell me its the wrong part i no they just want me to by it from them. they wont make any money beacuse i bought it from a junkyard for $50 so this is the right bar? it will fit on my car right?

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:06 PM
All 95 to 05 bars are physically the same fit, the diameter is the only major difference.
95-02:
FE1: 18mm
FE2: 22mm
03-05:
FE1: 19mm
FE2: 24mm

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:08 PM
so this will fit my car? i just have to put it in place and bolt it onto the car?

Friday, March 17, 2006 11:17 AM
I havn't removed mine yet (not till I get my addco).

If you want to be safe masure the endlink distance and bracket distance, compared to where they are on the car to be safe.

If it came off a cavalier or a sunfire YES it will fit. Just bolt it up and wonder why you didn't do this upgrade A LONG time ago.

-Chris

Friday, March 17, 2006 11:36 AM
i didnt no the jbodys had sway bars then when i found out i thought mine had one but turned out it didnt. and the sway bar i got is of a 2003 cavalier.

Friday, March 17, 2006 7:35 PM
your good to go.

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search