AIR RIDE QUESTION!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AIR RIDE QUESTION!!
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:39 PM
Is it necessary to add a blow off valve to my air ride system? And my easystreet gauges BARELY light up at all. Anyone else have that problem? I know that the faces arn't transparent light Autometer or APC gauges, but man, at night I can barley read them. Any help would be great.

Re: AIR RIDE QUESTION!!
Friday, March 10, 2006 11:23 PM
why would u need a blow off valve? and where do u have ur power coming from going to the gauge? could have weak power goign to them cause at nite i can see my guages so good

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:56 AM
No you do not need a BOV. the air is released by a dump valve. If you do not want it loud just get silencers or filters that just screw into the dump valve like these...http://suicidedoors.com/AirManagementValveSilencers.php

-Brandon

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:58 AM
hmmmm the site normally hyperlinks those. ah well just copy and paste.

-Brandon

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:02 AM
Well I was thinking of a BOV just in case the pressure switch stops working and my tank gets too high of pressure and could blow up the lines or tank or something. The BOV pops open at 200 psi. (Which I know not to ever get to on purpose) I know it's not likely to happen, just wondering if I should take that percaution or not.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:10 AM
I just wired in a switch on the power wire to the relay that way if it happens I can just kill the compressors from the inside of my car.

-Brandon

Saturday, March 11, 2006 7:25 PM
Ya a pressure switch. already have that.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:43 PM
no like a toggle switch to turn the compressor on and off so u can turn it off manualy

Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:44 PM
or get a guage that tells u ur tank pressure and if u see it getting to high turnthe switch off or somthign, thats my idea

Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:47 PM
or get a guage that tells u ur tank pressure and if u see it getting to high turnthe switch off or somthign, thats my idea

Saturday, March 11, 2006 10:57 PM
eric altman wrote:no like a toggle switch to turn the compressor on and off so u can turn it off manualy

werd

-Brandon

Sunday, March 12, 2006 3:30 PM
off topic, but love your yellow bagged cav, I have a cav like yours, would love it bagged
Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:42 PM
i dont trust pressure switches. i have a switch mounted to my dash that i can toggle on and off the compressor

Sunday, March 12, 2006 5:01 PM
I have both

-Brandon

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:37 PM
My comp. started smoking a little, I think the PS turns off at too high of a PSI. What other reasons could there be so I can troubleshoot it?

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:44 PM
what pressure is your PS shutting off at??? what kind of compressor are you running???
maybe check or change the oil in the compressor????

-Brandon

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:15 PM
the best pressure switch is a square d you can get them from plumbing stores for like 25 bucks. they are made for sump pumps for houses and have an adjustable psi screw. i have had one for over 2 years never had any problems with mine, a lot of mini truckers use them.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:24 AM
Hmm that sounds good. I want an adj. one. I put a switch to the comp and now I can turn it off at 130 psi and leave it off for like an hour and it doesn't smoke. So it's all good now. When I get my camara devoloped, I have tons of pics of the "elabarate" install. I'll post them for yous guys.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:35 AM
i have an adjustable one thats 145-175. you ca buy adjustable ones from jason at Air Bag Source

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:36 AM
^^^i think thats the same one i have as well

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search