Radius Arm for j-bodies?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Radius Arm for j-bodies??
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:14 AM
Right now i'm doing all my suspension compentents befoer i really tackle any performance mods. I've been trying do do my best at eliminating wheel-hop, but as we all know there isn't much available for us..ne-waz
I was talking with a body of mine that owns a civic...he's got about 250whp'ish and no wheel hop at all, took me for a ride and i couldn't believe how well it lauched..i onestly couldn't feel any wheel-hop.
he told me that its all due to his Radius Arm kit that he installed..this is the link to what he bought Radius Arm

Question is, i can so see this working on are platform..not this exact version, but the concept of it all
*2 bars conect to the lower arms, then to a pivot thats bolts to a bar on the front, and on the rh side he have a motor mount that it can be linked too all this*

Am i just going on for nothing, or is this actually available for the j-body platform???

Re: Radius Arm for j-bodies??
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:25 AM
I don't think it's available, but I could be wrong.

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:49 AM
the best thing we currently have are control arm bushings.

-Chris

Friday, March 10, 2006 10:35 AM
Not available yet but if it was made by a reputable company I'd be all over it. I got some nasty wheel hop issues that I fight on occasion...when I'm not fighting wheel spin.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:51 AM
Might wanna try the control arm bushings, sway end links bushings, strut and spring package, motor mounts, and tranny mounts. If it still hops, adjust your driving.

Friday, March 10, 2006 1:06 PM
I have all of those. It's not the driving...it's called track conditions buddy. You try racing at a different track every weekend and not having any issues. It doesn't happen.

These would be another add-on to accompany other work. I have seen cars run with and then without these and have been amazed. I've been waiting for quite some time to see them made though. If all else fails I'll find a local place to make me a setup.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, March 10, 2006 2:06 PM
the grand prix's have a rod they use in similar fashion

i would like a specific 1 for us 3rd gen j's

Friday, March 10, 2006 3:54 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]the grand prix's have a rod they use in similar fashion

i would like a specific 1 for us 3rd gen j's

*listening*

How is this "rod" set-up on the grand prix's..??
Friday, March 10, 2006 5:20 PM
its a bar simialr to the 1 in the link above

basicly a bar with spherical rod ends that goes from a part of the sub frame to the a-arm

Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:50 PM
Why not build one? Its a pretty simple device, and pre-made rods are available in just about any length and diameter you can think of.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:39 PM
I realize this thread is hella old, but I'm never in Suspension and was lookin' thru certain stuff in here. Came across this and yea...

[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]basicly a bar with spherical rod ends that goes from a part of the sub frame to the a-arm

A guy on one of my forums has DIY arms on his Civic. Here's some pics (notice the broken axle too lol)

And that afore-mentioned axle:

Hope this helps anybody that wants to try it themselves

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1107ish Miles, $7500 OBO

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:09 PM
but was it the traction bars that broke the axle or the extra power he had to justify the use of those bfg drag radials?

Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:02 AM
I'd say it was definetly the power + tires that sheared the axle.

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1107ish Miles, $7500 OBO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search