lowering my car - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering my car
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:04 PM
OK, i Searched and used the FAQ but i couldnt find anything about using stocks struts with lower springs, can you do it?? in other words can i go out and buy some tein springs and put them on my car? or do i have to go out and buy yellow konis or whatever is out there to buy?

What the deuce?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414

Re: lowering my car
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:15 PM
always get upgraded shocks and struts with spirngs. otherwise you will blow them in a hearbeat

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:49 PM
you didnt search too well, there is 11 posts between page 1 and 2 about this.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:03 PM
not to thread jack, but instead of starting another thread this kinda fits. i got a prokit and agx on the way, came off another car, down to the strut mounts. i found a koni yellow install guide, but nothing for the agx. do i need to do anything to the car? or should it all just bolt up. trying to figure out what ia m getting into before i just start tearing into the car..... let me know thanks

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:08 PM
Koni's are the only ones that need modifications. Everything else just bolts on.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:09 PM
El Fuego, i did search and it was 10:30 when i was doing it i had to get up at 3:30 to get to work too, so i also was rushing. sry

What the deuce?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:05 AM
never lower on stock struts no matter what people tell you about it being ok. its not safe

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:12 AM
Z24BaLler wrote:not to thread jack, but instead of starting another thread this kinda fits. i got a prokit and agx on the way, came off another car, down to the strut mounts. i found a koni yellow install guide, but nothing for the agx. do i need to do anything to the car? or should it all just bolt up. trying to figure out what ia m getting into before i just start tearing into the car..... let me know thanks

Agx's are a direct replacement they will bolt right in.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:13 PM
Haron wrote:El Fuego, i did search and it was 10:30 when i was doing it i had to get up at 3:30 to get to work too, so i also was rushing. sry

better to not say you searched or read the FAQ at all then to say you did when all you did was open the FAQ and say "damn, that's a lot of reading", then searched and said "damn that's a lot of posts".

Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:04 PM
You can i did ride is bouncy due to the blown rear shocks, i didnt have the money to get struts and shocks at the time. I am how ever doing that at this time. You can drop it but it will be bouncy.

Two pics of me onEibach sportlines with stock struts, and shocks.
Friday, March 10, 2006 11:27 AM
I'm in the same boat has^^ I 've got sportlines with stock struts.. and the rears are blown,(new shocks are on the way).But Sporlines are progessive soo there really not that bad untill you hit a big jump and the spring gets near the bottom and hits the higher rate and kinda lanches the the ass end of the car..But normaly driving.. it's really not has bad as people say.
but if you have a regluar spring. Say.. a sprint on stock shocks is a little boncey but still nothing scary, Also I would like to mention The only time I have felt unsafe in my car with stock shocks was when I was driving way to fast around a turn and hit a bump mid-apex and the car kind lanched side ways ( but I was going around 50km faster than the posted limit so it was my fault)

Also bear in mind My car is not a daily driver. And sits in a garage monday-firday, So if you have to drive it every day to get to work or something.. Maybe a different story..

Saturday, March 11, 2006 7:54 PM
I have sportline springs on my car and I had a rough time with them until I purchased KYB shocks and struts all around. I notice it rides better, but you still can feel every little "bump" in the road.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:37 PM
Shocks and struts are the same thing!!

And Ashely...the KYB's are really being pushed with those sportlines. Would have been better off going with the Pro Kit or another strut (Koni yellow or red, Tokico D-Spec)

And it's finally nice to see someone else from Allentown!!! Ya! Where abouts in good 'ol Atown??

Bagged is so right...No matter what people tell you, NEVER lower on stock struts. It's not safe!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search