popping when making slow turns - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
popping when making slow turns
Monday, March 06, 2006 10:00 AM
Okay i've got a popping sound typically when i turn to the right at slow speeds. I have read around on here it could be multiple things but somebody said you could spray WD40 up around the spring and spring seat, would this be good to try, and what exactly am i suppose to spray? I don't want to just take a tire off and try to guess at what i'm trying to hit lol.

Re: popping when making slow turns
Monday, March 06, 2006 10:29 AM
does it sound more like clicking or growning??? if it is clicking I would say check you axles.

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:51 AM
its not clicking it pops when i turn to the right at slow speeds..

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:51 AM
plus i have the 99 and below sturt mounts on there, and i have the KYB AGX and Eibach Prokit as my suspension.

Monday, March 06, 2006 12:34 PM
I have the same damn problem.... mine does it mainly when i hit the brakes though......

Monday, March 06, 2006 12:41 PM
ah i went outside took both rims off and sprayed some W40 up where the spring seat and springs are it made the noise stop but i don't know for how long....so I'm thinking that possibly the springs are getting binded up who knows...now i have a dang squeak in my rear probably the rear strut mounts going out again..dang.

Monday, March 06, 2006 5:26 PM
the bearing in your strut mounts are gone, replace teh mounts

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:24 PM
i don't think thats it, the people i had help me put the 99 strut mounts in pretty much didn't know what they was doing i think they messed up on the order of putting the moutn together that is mostly likely the problem...the springs are getting bound up somehow...but the rear i'm sorta thinking it could be a loose exhaust hanger i'm going to check that out and also the mounts as well, thanx for the tips.

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:48 PM
I have the same damn problem. Had the dealership replace my mounts and it still pops..............

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:52 PM
ah they replaced the bushings on my sway bar where i have the ls sport cavy and they said that would fix the problem ah it didn't....oh well.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:12 PM
yes. i have the same problem. when i turn right it pops, and when i turn left its a slightly less severe pop.... not at higher speeds, but does occur when i hit the brakes as well... is this somthing that could be cv related? i am on stock suspention till tommarow hopefully.... trying to make sure i am good to install everything before i mess somthing up. i am going agx and prokit myself...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:56 PM
I will suggest be careful with the strut mounts i have found out that they are easy to kill with an aftermarket suspension setup.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:00 PM
It's the bearings, not the "mount".....

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:22 PM
how much are bearings?

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:07 PM
$20 @ Napa. Can be found for $15 to $25.

Friday, March 10, 2006 12:34 PM
i figured out my problem lol, my wheel is hitting the liner of the wheel well...so i guess i might just have to buy a lower profile tire.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search