MRZ Performance J-body strut bars now ready - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MRZ Performance J-body strut bars now ready
Saturday, March 04, 2006 7:33 PM
We finally fnished tha making and testing of strut braces for all J-body suspension applications. Custom made to your own specification and design, this strut brace will give your engine bay the custom and profesionnal look you've been searching for. Let us know what you want, we'll make your idea come to life.

CNC machinde and hand polished, they are made from the finest 6061 T6 Billet alloy. The center portion is 1/2 inch thick and the 2 end plates are 3/8 thick so if you get to bend these, your car must be wrecked really really bad... This is not some high volume production strut bar like Vibrant or Ractive or DC Sports that looks weak and all looks the same.

The MRZ Polished Billet Strut Brace are not only show unequalled items... they can be use and abused on the track or in the streets, it will improve your steering feel and consistency and will eliminate flex in the front upper unibody during hard cornering.

You can check them all out on MRZ Performance website

91 and older:

92-94:

95 and up :

If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll be happy to help you out

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com
Custom performance and appearance mods that really Stand Out from the Crowd.
-------------------------------------------------

Re: MRZ Performance J-body strut bars now ready
Saturday, March 04, 2006 7:36 PM
175!! wow

Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:09 PM
awesome work, get a GP going at a better price and I would get one, or better yet get a GP going for a front and rear!!
Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:19 PM
Thanks for the comment!

I will be making the group buy for the engine bay covers first and when it will be done we'll make the strut bars group buy.

The rear srtut brace will be made soon also so keep an eye for updates on it. They will be made in 3 parts like the design of the front ones.

As for the price, it may seem high but it's not at all since these strut brace cannot be compared to anything on the market right now and can be customized an almost any ways, they are a lot stiffer, foot are also make of billet aluminum, all parts polished to mirror finish, etc...

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com

Saturday, March 04, 2006 9:46 PM
my engine bay would look even dirtier and duller with one of those in it
its not up to par for such a strut bar lol

Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:01 PM
If you can make one to clear my intake, around my alarm speaker and tach adaptor, let me know where to send the $$ to.

My buddy Chris's car with GM strut bar. I cannot run the GM bar becuase of all my electronics that i have hooked up on the firewall.

It would have to be routed almost like the GM strut tower bar around the back of it like do a U bend around the 45 degree angle off the TB them come back out...

Let me know..

Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:37 PM
Hmm,
Another brace for me to test out.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:28 PM
Nity9CavSedanCRJ wrote:If you can make one to clear my intake, around my alarm speaker and tach adaptor, let me know where to send the $$ to.

My buddy Chris's car with GM strut bar. I cannot run the GM bar becuase of all my electronics that i have hooked up on the firewall.

It would have to be routed almost like the GM strut tower bar around the back of it like do a U bend around the 45 degree angle off the TB them come back out...

Let me know..

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to find something for you. Can you send me more pictures from the side showing in many angles all electronics and CAI. Take a lot of them so there we'll see if there is any clearance issue. You can send them to redgtz@hotmail.com.

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com

Monday, March 06, 2006 8:30 AM
MRZ: It would probably be better if you got a couple guys with 2.2's in the shop to test fit.

The one above is a 98+ 2.2ohv and they have a moderate amount of clearance. 95-97 2.2 ohv's have less clearance.

Also, it would be a good idea to label your front bar as being for Z24's and ecotecs (with slight modification to the computer bracket) only.

Monday, March 06, 2006 5:07 PM
The bars was test/fitted on a 97 2.2 Sunfire and it does fit great even if the clearence is tight. You do need to modify or remove the stock airbox on this application to have proper clearance. This is the only requirement to install the strut brace.

Here are some picture when isntalled on the test Sunfire, dont look at the bar itself since this unit is not polished and was only made for the test/fit purpose.

I will have to check back on a 2.4 and on an Ecotec J to be sure there is no special issue with the computer bracket but as I remember it, there should not have anything special there....

Thanks for your concerns

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:50 PM
Wow, I'm impressed. Nice work.

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:26 PM
well if you can get a strut bar saying "sunfire" on it i will get one

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:04 AM
Yeah,
Those pic will be how they would look on the 2.4.

Have them say 'Z24' or 'GT' or something would be a cute touch.

Be interesting to see how the rear is set up.

-M

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:05 AM
Not understanding how the ends/middle portion are connected to each other though.

Are those welds or screw in attachments.
-M

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:57 AM
Nity9CavSedanCRJ wrote:If you can make one to clear my intake, around my alarm speaker and tach adaptor, let me know where to send the $$ to.

Let me know..

Hate to be a smartass, but to me it'd make more sense to mount the electronics out of the STB's way versus have a custom one fabbed to clear them...would it not?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:25 PM
Kustom 96 Sunfire GT - I've just PM'd you with more details about it. Almost any OEM emblems can be engraved at no extra on them.

-------------------------------------------

Mastin - Like I said, we can make these engravings at no extra cost and we do have these emblem ready to go and they do are the exact ones. If you take a look on our website you'll see some emblem engraved on strut covers.

- Stainless steel low profile button head screws hold the bar firmly to the feet that are sloted a bit to allow perfect adjustement on your car.

Here is a picture:

----------------------------------------

Joe Schulte - I agree that it may be easier in some case to relocalize some parts under the hood for an easier fitment but we do our best to make parts that fit directly on every application...

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:29 PM
I also forgot to mention we are providing plated capped nuts to screw on the strut towers so you wont see the studs anymore trough the nut, it give a cleaner overall look with the bar installed

The rear strut bar will be designed and made during the next week for those who want to see them

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:01 AM
OOooo free engraement,
Good deal.

Can't wait to see the rear bar too

-M

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:03 AM
Be interesting to see what you do with the little hitch in the mounting bracket screw for the rear.

Ractive's endlinks so far are the only ones I've seen that made the adjustment for it.

-M

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:06 AM
I only see one downside to using these bars: you can't preload them. That will not matter for 99% of the people on here. Nice design though, definately one of the best I have seen.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:29 AM
You can get some preload on the bar by rising the car and bolt up the strut bar. When the car is lowered on the ground, you will preload on it for sure. I agree that most people dont even think about this and will never need this feature so that's why we made this custom design withour having preload adjusting feature.

Thanks for the comments

www.MRZ Performance.com
Sales@mrzperformance.com

Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:36 AM
those look pretty

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:36 AM
i wouldnt pay 175 for it but its nice as hell

most id pay for that is maybe 100.. if that

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:47 PM
So...preload not being something most would know about, myeslf included, what purpose does it serve, how would you preload a bar, and is there anyspecific reason you would do this?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:51 PM
yeah but your a cheap Elf

lol J/K

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search