rk sport coilovers - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rk sport coilovers
Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:29 PM
i have an 03 2 door cavalier and my rk sport coilovers came in the mail 2day
how easy are they to install

thanks for the help
03blazedcavi

Re: rk sport coilovers
Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:35 PM
are you talking about the full prostreet setup or just the springs?

Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:05 PM
the full setup like the one shown on their website
Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:49 PM
They don't make the Prostreets anymore and won't.

As for the install, I wouldn't know. But I hope you have a set of struts for them.

Pick up a set of Koni Yellows, Tokico D-Specs or KYB AGX (can't lower more than 1.5 inches or you will void the warranty.)

Update your profile so we know what the hell your driving and what is on it!

Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:26 PM
if they are the complete setups, as in these

they are cake to install

Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:56 PM
^^I remember when mine were that clean^^ Guess that means I gotta clean mine...

I think it's these:

He said from the website and these are the only ones they offer anymore.

B&G made the Prostreets, so you can contact them and see if they have any left in stock.

I'm wondering why you bought these coilovers and didn't know what you were getting into. If it is the Prostreets, which I doubt, then you will need the 95-99 strut mounts. From there it is a simple bolt on package. If you got just the coilovers as listed on their website, then you will need a set of struts, as stock struts will most likely blow when being lowered. Like I said before. Pick up a set of Koni Yellows, Tokico D-Specs or KYB AGX (can't lower more than 1.5 inches or you will void the warranty.)

Friday, March 03, 2006 8:45 AM
^^ thoes r the coilovers that i have
Friday, March 03, 2006 9:58 AM
Thought so, but in any manner, you do need STRUTS! And NO OEM replacement ones.

Ok, one last time:

1. KONI YELLOWS

OR

2. TOKICO D-SPECS

OR

3. KYB AGX (BUT YOU CAN'T LOWER ON THESE MORE THAN 1.5'' OR YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!)

I'd go with the either Koni's or Tokico's as you will probably drop more than 1.5''.

Friday, March 03, 2006 10:41 AM
what about honi reds or would yall recomend yellows
Friday, March 03, 2006 11:10 AM
Most recommend Yellows; here's why:

Event wrote:
The most popular strut choice for these cars are without a doubt Koni. They are two selections, the Reds and the Yellows. Both are pretty much good for whatever you plan to do, the yellow just go to stiffer damping rate than the Reds and are adjustable while they are on the car. With the Reds, you have to take them off the car to adjust them and guess what…another alignment as well.

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:19 AM
You can't use AGX, any coilovers on KYB's stuff voids the warranty. Coilovers = High Spring Rate.
The 1.5" limitation is just an easy way for them to say no really high spring rates. The actual ride height means nothing, it's the spring rate that makes all the difference. If you're bottoming out all the time that voids warranty too.

If can't remember the numbers but they're around here somewhere, the spring rates that KYB will warranty up to.
Maybe they were 300lb/in front and 250lb/in rear... I don't relly remember.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:30 AM
ok im just wondering if there was any way i could get by lowering my ride (2005 2.2L cavy) with just buying rear or front struts??? which ones tend to go first?
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:36 AM
also if i were to buy the rk sport coilovers would i still need new struts.....help.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:10 AM
jake neal wrote:ok im just wondering if there was any way i could get by lowering my ride (2005 2.2L cavy) with just buying rear or front struts??? which ones tend to go first?

This makes no sense. Struts don't have anything to do with how low your car is.

jake neal wrote:also if i were to buy the rk sport coilovers would i still need new struts.....help.

Long story short, YES.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search