Suspension Help please - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension Help please
Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:34 PM
Ok,
I have been reading the FAQ on here, and checking some various posts in the forum but I still have a few questions. I have 225/45/17 on a daily driver, in Minnesota winters and snow. I already ruled out bags, seems like a lot of upkeep and not the right setup for a daily driver. I have heard good about Koni Yellows, and Tein, and a few others. All I want to know is what would give me the best result I am looking for.....
1) Lower to get rid of the ugly gap
2) as smooth of a ride as possible ( I know it will be worse than stock, but at least close)
3) Something that could be installed, and left on all year (aka no real maintenance besides adjusting height if needed)
4) Still able to be used with stock winter wheels, and 1-6 inches of snow.
5) Not extremely difficult of an install, so I would only have to take it to the shop for the alignment, etc..

Thanks for any of your help, my tax return and my 1st summer check will be going into suspension.

Re: Suspension Help please
Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:03 PM
well depends how much your looking to spend? quality = pricey

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:36 PM
I have the Yellows and the Pro-kit. its a mild drop that makes the car look finished and it rides better than stock. I personally think it was well worth the extra effort. really wasn't all that bad if your good with your hands. I drive this car everyday. I was going to go with the sportline set up at first an then i thought about how much it floods here in the wet season ( summer through November ) since your up north think about how deep the snow gets where you are.

thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:10 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]well depends how much your looking to spend? quality = pricey

I'm looking for good quality that will ride nice, and can last all seasons without any hassle. If that means more expensive, then i'll save more. I want to buy it once, and be done for quite a while.

Friday, March 03, 2006 4:03 AM
thats was my goal as well.

IMHO I think good combinations for you would be H&R or Pro-Kit spring and either the Koni or KYB AGX strut. I have heard nice things about the Tein, but I have no first hand experience with them. and since I don't, I will not recommend them nor say anything bad about them. the H7R is a about a 1/4 if that lower than the pro-kit, the AGX is not warrantied that low so you would be taking a chance on them not blowing and having to be replaced i would be good for almost any drop, thats not to say you could ride around slammed and not blow them.

Friday, March 03, 2006 8:06 AM
Jeremy, here's a copy of what's in the FAQ, arranged by the struts required to ride safely. You can always substitute better struts.

KYB AGX:
4- Eibach Pro kit (1.4")
10- MantaPart Sport Springs (1.5")
14- Suspension Tech (1.2")
17. Tien H-tech (1.1''-0.9'')

Koni's (Yellow or Red), Tokico D-Specs, Billstiens, Mantapart Sport:
1- Apex (1.6")
2- B-G Sport Springs (1.6")
5- Eibach Sportline (1.7F - 2.3R)
7- GoldLine (1.75")
8- H&R Springs (1.6F - 1.4R)
10- MantaPart Sport Springs (2.0")
13- Sprint (1.8")
16. Tien S-tech (1.7'' and 1.5'')

Other springs mentioned in the FAQ were left out because it's my personal opinion that you shouldn't use them. Also, any spring that starts or sags to past 2.0" will void almost all strut warranties.

If you're looking for coilovers (which are more expensive, but adjustable). I would recomend:
Tein Basics or SuperSports
Gravana Coilovers
RK ProStreets
Ground Control with Konis or Tokico D-Specs

I think I hit everything......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search