GM strut bar - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM strut bar
Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:57 AM
I'm browsing online looking for strut bars, and I was wodnering how much a stock GM one is? just as a comparison of prices?

It's a 98 Cav 2door with the 2200 and cruise control.

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.

Re: GM strut bar
Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:06 AM
$60shipped.. off www.GMpartsdirect.com

GM PART # 22604347
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $81.24
OUR PRICE: $47.93
DESCRIPTION: BRACE

it was 59.xx for me with shipping.. so i guess location will vary final price

Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:11 AM
i dunno where ur cruise control is mounted but here is a quote from a older post(i searched and found it )

John Lenko wrote:There are actually (at least) 3 GM strut bars... I don't know what the number is for the third one...

22604347 is the bar with no cruise control mount, one bolt to the firewall

22642387 is the bar with a cruise control mount off the passenger tower, one bolt to firewall

there's a third number.... used on convertibles (obviously) that had two bolts to the firewall... because i saw one on a 98 Sunfire vert the other day... no idea on the part number...

...j

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=82438&t=80835&r=2#REPLY

if ur cruise control is bolted to the fire wall u want the 22604347

Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:26 PM
well, i got mine for $3 from a junkyard. and sold it for $20

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:34 PM
^^ thats true, forgot to mention that. You can also find em off any 3gen(95+) convertible car.. around here i have no luck finding any verts tho..

Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:34 PM
with any of the three work with the ecotec engine? i read some where there was clearence issues with the computer
Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:32 AM
i have a vert that im parting out. didnt even realize it had the strut bar. gonna put it on my new j. glad i read this post

Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:53 AM
got mine for 15 from a junkyrad

Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:53 PM
$10 from a j-yard here... They originally wanted $30 when I called to find out if they had a vert in the yard. When I pick-n-pulled it, I just called it a "non-critical engine brace" and got the price break.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:59 PM
48.50 from GMpartsdirect.com for me,. shipped to my door. It was definatly worth it. it only took 5 minutes to put on, while smoking a ciggarette and talking on my cell phone also

Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:53 PM
will these work on the 95-97 2.2

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:38 AM
Kardain wrote:$10 from a j-yard here... They originally wanted $30 when I called to find out if they had a vert in the yard. When I pick-n-pulled it, I just called it a "non-critical engine brace" and got the price break.

ha same here.. i called and they wanted $45 for it.. went there brought it in and they asked what it was and told them it was just to help support the struts together.. said $10 so i took it lol $3 paint and she was ready to install.

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:00 AM
When the wrecker doesn't know what a part is, they'll generally let you have it dirt cheap.

If it had value to them, they'd know what it was and inventory it for general sale. If not, then it's just taking up space in the yard so if they can get a few bucks and have you take it away for them, everyone's happy.

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:18 AM
Wojo wrote:will these work on the 95-97 2.2

Yep, they sure do

I just have to get a new cruise bracket

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 4:24 PM
How do these work when you have the CC module on the firewall? Do they clear it or does it have to be "adjusted"?

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:49 PM
Quote:

22642387 is the bar with a cruise control mount off the passenger tower, one bolt to firewall

The vert I yanked this one from had the cruise on the passenger tower and 2 bolts on the firewall...

Quote:

How do these work when you have the CC module on the firewall? Do they clear it or does it have to be "adjusted"?

If the car you are yanking it from has the cruise module on the strut tower, pull the bracket and relocate it.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:18 PM
Kardain wrote:
Quote:

If the car you are yanking it from has the cruise module on the strut tower, pull the bracket and relocate it.

what if the CC module didn't have a bracket? just mounted straight to the strut tower? thats how mine was. i was able to squeeze the bracket for the CC module thats on the strut bar between the CC and the strut tower barely. but i don't like how the CC module is attached.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:25 PM
I think the Eco bracket should work since its a single bolt rather than a dual as in my pic above.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:47 AM
Bringin it back...

I have an eco with cruise. #22642387 is the bar with a cruise control mount off the passenger tower, right? However, its not on the GMPartsDirect.com website. So is it still around? Should I go to the dealer and see if they have it or should I order the #22604347 bar and will it still work with the cruise and ecu?

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:07 PM
Kardain wrote:
Wojo wrote:will these work on the 95-97 2.2

Yep, they sure do

I just have to get a new cruise bracket

Ok these pics has helped me out a lot. I have the GM strut brace and the RKS header, but now I lost my CC as there is no place to put it on the firewall.
Now does any one have a pic of the CC bracket but from a Ecotec engine bay? I would like to see which would work better.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:15 AM
i've got the 4 point mouting strut bar, with cruise bracket, paid $60 i think for it, and looks great

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search