Wow Front Sway Bar Intalled - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wow Front Sway Bar Intalled
Friday, February 24, 2006 7:46 PM
Well we started at 10, ended ar 4 jebus!! We had no power tools and have never done this before.

It is the Eibach front sway, rear going into tomororw.

So let see here is a good run throuhg to learn from our mistakes

Jack Up Car
Remove Tires
Look up under the car, there is a bolt connecting the subframe to the chassy close to you. Remove that, look intward there is another bolt towards the middle. remove that. Look up towards the Calipar, there should be one last bolt towards the trunk, remove that.
Move to other side and repeat.
OF course make sure you have the subframe braced with a jack and wood.
THen slowly ease it down, when you remove the last bolt.

So then remove your old sway bar, or install the new one

Slide it in from the back. IT wont slide it form the side so dont worry about that.

Put the bushing on each side where the D calmp will go. Make sure the the most slanted side on the bottom is facing forward towards the engine, i made the mistake of putting it in "backwards" and the clamps will not fit.

Then put the D Clamp ontop the the bushing. The end piece closest to the engine will slide in. Cock it at a 45 degree angle or so and slide it in. Here is the fun part. THe other end towards the trunk requires a bolt, and its really really really hard to get in.
I recommend jacking up the corner you are workign on and have a friend help tighten the bolt.

This is a pain good luck with it. Evnetually it will go in, just be patienct.

Mirror

THen put the endlinks on. I did it 3 bushings, Bar, 3 bushings. Tighten down about an inch of thread ontop.

Then re attach the subframe and YOU ARE DONE

Sorry there are no pics but if people really need it i can show you waht bolts to do.

So yes the front is installed and WOW what a differnce. Even with the TEINS and the the stock bar it is AMAZING the difference. Totalyl differnt car, I have never EVER felt a car handle this well. IT is completely flat, and well orgasmic.

I cant wait to do the rear.

SO after the rear, im thinking of strut bars, does anyone think it is even necessary??

ALso poly bushings going in later was to tired to do it today.;

Also stock Front Sway FOr sale B.O. but its just th ebar itself you will need the rest.

Seriously Teins+Eibach swa=cavy pwning everything. Makes my ws6 feel a little lonely, so next time money is in its getting BOOST.

Cheers all and any help that would save you hours I would gladly do.

ALso again im located in Bay Area of California if anyone needs any help, it will go alot smoother this time as I have never done this before..

Cheers!!

Re: Wow Front Sway Bar Intalled
Friday, February 24, 2006 9:23 PM
It would be a little more helpful with pics but good write up.

Friday, February 24, 2006 11:48 PM
The rear should only take you a half hour at the (extreme) most.

Saturday, February 25, 2006 9:21 AM
In addition
Stock Front sway bar with upgraded bushings
Addco rear sway bar.
Front Strut tower brace
Koni
Ground Control
Kumhos on 18's
Control Arm Bushings

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Saturday, February 25, 2006 9:19 PM
What size was the bar you had in there?

I though Ecotecs later years were all 24mm.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search