Strut questions... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Strut questions...
Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:39 PM
I bought some Tien lowering springs with 1.7 drop in the front and 1.4 drop in the rear. I was origanlly going to go with the KYB AGX strut/shock package...but later found out that they dont warrenty over a 1.5 drop. I was lookin on ebay for some koni yellows and i came across these tokico hp struts and shocks and i was wondering if anybody knew anything about them?

At the same time I would like to get some oppinions from you guys about which strut/shock assembly to go with my springs...to be honest i dont want to pay the close to 600 dollars for the yellows..but if they are FAR better than all the others I will. THANX in advance guys.

...are you trolls that dumb that you cant realize mid 15s is slower then 14s?

Re: Strut questions...
Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:49 PM
HPs are in the FAQ. Read it. They can't take hardly any drop. D-Specs (also made by Tokico ) can take the drop.

D-Specs and Koni's are in the same class. D-Specs are a bit cheaper and fairly new product. Koni's have a long history of relibality and higher price. Both have been reported to be excelent, so take you're pick.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:53 PM
if u are buying off ebay alot of times u wont get the warenty with the struts anyway, i am running the tein s-tecs with the kyb's i got off ebay for $323 but i'm not that worried about it because this car is just to beat on till i get my BMW next spring
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:35 PM
ok... so what kind of struts would you recommend with the Tiens and the drop that will give me a nice ride? I know since its low it wont be that great of a ride, but i just want something that will handle the drop and still give a nice ride

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:56 PM
d-specs or konis and since they are adjustable they will give you a nice smooth ride

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:51 PM
I wrote:D-Specs and Koni's are in the same class. D-Specs are a bit cheaper and fairly new product. Koni's have a long history of relibality and higher price. Both have been reported to be excelent, so take you're pick.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:56 PM
aight...thanx a bunch guys..sorry to make you repeat ur self if i did

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:04 PM
o i know there are some guys up here that have websites that sell stuff for a fairly decent price...but i have been away for quite a while so i was wondering if you guys could let me know of some places i can find them for fairly cheap...i saw a set of d specs on ebay for about 485...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:38 PM
Rob ~ Good deal here on the Group purchase forum...........

Koni Yellows

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:14 PM
GP forum has some deals. Also the FAQ lists many places that sell them.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:49 AM
just remember if you buy konis you have to cut your front strut in half and insert the koni since the fronts for konis arent full replacements

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:44 PM
they are goin for 555.00... its cheaper but not that much cheaper. should i trust buyin the dspecs off ebay?

and bagged, was that sarcasim?

Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:37 AM
no thats how the koni fronts come. they are only inserts and you have to cut your stock strut in half to use the lower half (knuckle) of the stock strut so you can bolt up the koni

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search