Tein s/h tech - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein s/h tech
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:11 PM
hey all, i've been considering different options for lowering my sunfire. i was reading somewhere that tein s. and h. techs are designed for use with oem shocks/struts.

does anyone have tein's on oem shocks? if so, how's the ride?

Re: Tein s/h tech
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:19 PM
YOU DO NOT LOWER ON STOCK STRUTS PERIOD!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:49 PM
why would they clearly advertise this as an option then? i'm not disputing your claim, as i clearly have no clue, i thought it was somewhat retarded myself, but again, it's their claim

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:52 PM
where did you find it at? i would be interested in reading this

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:53 PM
correction, this was claimed in a magazine and i can't find anything on the tein website saying the same

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:55 PM
its false. the oem struts can barely handle stock springs. do not lower on stock struts no matter what anyone says. its not safe

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:58 PM
bagged, it's in modified mag, page 71, it's an actual tein add for their product and website

"designed to be used with OEM or OEM replacement shocks."

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:59 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]its false. the oem struts can barely handle stock springs. do not lower on stock struts no matter what anyone says. its not safe

what would you recommend for them then? it's a 1.5 advertised drop for s.tech, and 1.2 for h.tech

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:24 PM
kyb agx's. maybe some cars can be lowered safely on stock struts because they can probably handle it better but our cars struts can not handle any drop without blowing. if you lower the car you should really upgrade the struts

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:26 PM
To be honest stock shocks are the worst I ever encountered. Stock or lowered it should be changed. The the ride is floaty with low control with any spring.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:33 PM
by the way it says in the tein 2006 catalog that you can use stock shocks for loweing with there s-h techs, i think its garbage but it says it there

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:37 PM
Blackplague wrote:by the way it says in the tein 2006 catalog that you can use stock shocks for loweing with there s-h techs, i think its garbage but it says it there

hmmm... thats odd. its defintily wrong though

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:06 PM
I actually have the 2005 or 2006 Tein brochure sitting around here that states that both the Tein S-Tech and H-Tech springs are designed to be used with stock struts.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:42 AM
They mean that the springs are the right size to fit on stock-style struts.
They do not mean to use them directly on stock strut.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:05 PM
i called the only shop in area about the kyb agx's, they only carry kyb gr2's.....any comments on these, as i've only really heard abotu teh agx

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:17 PM
read the faq's please. all these struts are listed in there. gr2s are oem replacements and not meant for lowering

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:31 PM
should have done that in the first place!!

answered all

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:02 AM
These however have proved to be good for springs like the 1.2 inch lowering springs by progressive technologies and stracing. Anything more than that and you are chancing it.

Direct quote from the FAQ in suspension. Tein H would be the best bet then.
\
Friday, February 24, 2006 4:25 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]
Blackplague wrote:by the way it says in the tein 2006 catalog that you can use stock shocks for loweing with there s-h techs, i think its garbage but it says it there

hmmm... thats odd. its defintily wrong though

this is the official reply from Tein

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension Products. TEIN S.Tech and High.Tech springs were both designed to be used with OE our OE replacement struts. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Sales

Staff @ TEIN USA INC.
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Phone: (562)861-9161
Fax: (562)861-9171
www.tein.com
----- Original Message -----
To: sales@tein.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:55 PM
Subject: tein s. techs

i've read in a magazine that the s.techs can be used on OEM shocks/struts. but i can't find anything on your website to verify that claim. is it true or no?

Friday, February 24, 2006 6:27 PM
stock struts can not handle and drop period! if you wanna do it, go head

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:47 PM
i did but with sportlines kind of bouncy but im saving up for some koni yellows.

Saturday, February 25, 2006 7:42 AM
bouncy = blown struts

Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:15 AM
bouny = dangerous

If you bounce, you make less stable contact with the road. Less contact mean less traction, less control, less handling, etc. You get the idea...

Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:44 AM
hell im stuck right now, im going in on the group purchase as soon as i decide which ones to get (h,s-tech) anybody that wants to try and pursway (sp) me in either direction go right ahead.
but yea, im definatly going to at least get some AGX.s.
Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:03 PM
well one spring is 1.1" drop and i think the other is a 1.7" drop. so if you want to get agxs then go w/ the springs that are a 1.1" drop.

its really up to you, depends how low you wanna go. both springs are really good, just make sure you get the right struts w/ them

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search