strut? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strut?
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:48 AM
i think one of my struts is going or its gone..its the front right. i wanted to get all four changed but can only afford the two front right now. can i hold off until i get everything to do all four or will i have to do it right away and will it throw susp out of whack only have 2 new ones instead of all four. they all need to be changed. thanks for any info

Re: strut?
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:05 AM
no you can just do 2 if you feel like it. are you planing on any aftermarket strut?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:06 AM
no you can change out 2 if you want. you plan on doing any aftermarket struts?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:28 AM
nah just want to keep it running good.i had wanted to do everything instead of paying to prices i dont know what could happen if i keep riding on a blown strut. thought maybe i could by some time.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:36 AM
hydeyoshi hydeyoshi wrote:i think one of my struts is going or its gone..its the front right. i wanted to get all four changed but can only afford the two front right

You only have one front right strut.

j/p

Struts can be done it pairs. What kind of struts are you going for?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:09 AM
Get KYB GR2s or Tokico HPs off eBay (or your favorite online vendor, IRL is way too expensive). Just picked up a full set myself for $231.

Have those put on, they'll last longer than OEM, and work slightly better. If you do just two, you have to do either the front, or rear, as a pair (can't do the two left or something like that).

If you want to save even more, see if you can find anyone around you that will help you do it. If you live near me I'll help you out. $40 alignment after that and you're good to go.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:28 AM
before this happen i was getting info on struts and someone recommended for me to Control arm bushings, end link bushings, sway bar bushings, upper strut mounts, upper shock mounts, rear axle bushings also while everything is off.my car has 92,000 could not changing these be a problem.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:50 AM
Did this person stand to profit from you doing all that???

All of that stuff is totally unnecessary to replace unless it's worn-out/broke. If all that is broke, you shouldn't be driving the car.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:16 PM
it was someone from the second gen forums just recommending it if i was changing my struts. if thats the case prob do all four. just want to keep it in good shape.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:25 PM
Maybe you confused what he was trying to tell you... He may have meant to check all that stuff, and replace where necessary. Which, yeah, while you're under there you should check for other broke stuff and fix it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search