RKsport prostreet coilover pics? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKsport prostreet coilover pics?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:14 PM
Anyone have any pics with the rk prostreet coils installed? (Preferably with body kit) I finally have enough cash for a new suspension and I have been wanting this kit for a while. Right now my car has stock springs with monroe struts but the ride sucks and makes all kinds of noises. I know rk stopped selling these so i think i'll go with gravana.

Re: RKsport prostreet coilover pics?
Monday, February 20, 2006 6:53 AM
have u checked out the tien ss's?
Monday, February 20, 2006 7:15 AM
www.projectdarkstars.com He has them on his car now. I bought them off him but i dont have a kit on my car. He does.

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:27 AM
I would recommend against the RKsport kit. Since it is discontinued if you blow a strut yur SOL cuz they dont have any to replace them with. I would go with maybe GCs and Yellows or the Tein or Gravana kit. But thats just my opinion.

Jeremy

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:36 AM
pics with the wheels on will look like any other suspension out there

and being coil overs are adjustable , you get to set them where you want

ive got the gravana's , and got them droped about 2" , gonna be raising them up some once i get a different set of rims , im going with 245/45/17's and ill need the extra fender clearence

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:49 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]pics with the wheels on will look like any other suspension out there

and being coil overs are adjustable , you get to set them where you want

ive got the gravana's , and got them droped about 2" , gonna be raising them up some once i get a different set of rims , im going with 245/45/17's and ill need the extra fender clearence

Extra fender clearence for what?

With 17's you could dump it to 2.5 and not rub.

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:58 AM
Eric has Ford blue gracing his engine, enough said.

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:05 PM
guess he doesnt realize the tires im going with are alot larger

ive got 225/45/17's and going to 245/45/17's

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:26 PM
haha that is going to wide as hell but it will look pimp
Monday, February 20, 2006 6:58 PM

Those are the only ones I have. Sorry they aren't the greatest. I have the rear set pretty high because the exhaust would hit my rear axle if any lower.

Wait...I have more...Well, just one...Don't mind the TP, it was a celebration, but you can see the rear end, I have it lower there. It sat really nice, but was really bumpy...

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:22 PM
check my thread in photos and media

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:25 PM

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:59 PM

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info and pics guys. I have been debating between the rk's and gravana's but I was reading the post about the gravanas and it seemed as if they were giving people a lot of problems.
I also wanted to know what the ride was like on the prostreets. I want my car to sit low like Jason, Darkstars, and z22sTyLeS (rides look hot btw) but I don't want a really rough ride. Any help is appreciated guys, i want to make sure that I get what I want before I buy them.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:56 PM
The lower you go the harsher the ride. I kept messing around with mine and noticed when near stock height it rode like stock but handled like a dream. I have the front really low (with like 4 threads left, I need to raise it) and the rear kinda high (exhaust hits if any lower) and the ride is nice; the front is hard hitting but the rear is superb. They are not bouncy at all, so if you hit a bump, don't expect to be forgiven.

If you don't already have them, buy some sway bars and strut bars. You will be in heaven. Hardly any body roll.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:09 PM
a bit bouncy kuz i'm low, but its a very comfy ride

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:49 AM
Well guys, it looks like im SOL. I contacted Rksport and they told me that the prostreets will no longer be sold and that there will be no new design on them. So I talked to Jim at Gravana and he said he doesn't have them in stock cause he would get them from Rk so they are coming off his website. He told me he would price match the gravanas for the prostreets but I'm not sure. Now I think I might go with Gravanas or the Tein ss. What do you guys think?

Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:16 PM
Both are great choices. The Tein's have 16 levels of damping while Gravana's have 32 levels. You could then buy the electronic damping control for the Tein's.

I have no idea which people prefer over the other. I would go with Tein's as they have been around longer and have built up a reputation. But it's all up to you. I'm sure Jim's are a great product and top shelf stuff, but it's just the lack of reputation that would hold me back. Basically I'm saying, Tein has been around a lot longer than Gravana, thus, that is my pick.

Good luck!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:52 PM
Ok thanks man. I already emailed all the websites that were selling the rk prostreets to see if they had any in stock. If I don't have any luck, it looks like I call Jim to get me a deal on the Tein ss or I'll get them from the group purchase. Thanks again guys.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:21 PM
I'm in the same boat danny, except I'm tryign to decide between the gravanas and the tien SSs. That electronic damping control is so damn tempting, but I dont want to pass up a potentially better setup for a gimmick that I may or may not use. Anybody have some insight?

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Sunday, January 03, 2010 11:08 PM
bringin it back from the dead

is there anyone on here still running these that have pics of it dropped as low as possible? LAFNGAS was saying he can get his LSS kit just inches from the ground, and I wanted to see who else was sacking up and going that low, if at all possible. I ask cause I'm looking into getting a set of these

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Sunday, January 03, 2010 11:16 PM
Fronts all the way down, rears up to level the car.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 6:40 AM
my phone bring up the pics.. i'll have to check it out when I get home but thanks

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search