Need Help ASAP - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Help ASAP
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:30 AM
If I don't use the accordian looking thing (the bump stop) will it hurt my after market strut?

Re: Need Help ASAP
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:36 AM
the bump stop is the yellow thing that the black accordian thing covers, if u are lowering the car u should trim the bump stop but u need the yellow thing in there
Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:04 PM
yes you need them. you basically just cut it in half and put it back on

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:09 PM
You don't know what a shield or bumpstop is, or what to do with them; and you're handing out advice on springs and other suspension parts??

I didn't trim mine, and have yet to hit them under normal driving conditions. I know most instructions say to trim the first ring (about 1/3) off. Definately need both the shield and the stop.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:26 PM
i have never hit mine either but i trimed them because every instruction i have ever read has said to, both bagged cav and i gave her the advice that the manufacturers give with their products
Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:50 PM
Kyle: Sorry, I was ripping on CaviGirl. She was talking up DropZone springs in another topic, I disagreed..... I have my childish moments too...

Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:04 PM
I know what it is CTS and I had those but I didn't have the black part to cover the strut so I was making sure it wouldn't damage anything.

Oh and I wasn't handing out advice I was giving my opinion on dropzone because I know people who have had them BIG DIFF.

But I got it under control and its all put together and rides great so say what you wish CTS

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:30 PM
CTS its no biggie i just didnt understand why u said that

Cavi girl-- i think the consensous is that u should trim the bump stop and u do need the shield, it keeps dirt and grime out and protects the area
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search