Tein Coil Overs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein Coil Overs
Friday, February 17, 2006 4:34 PM
Which Tein kits are compatible wtih our cars? Which are recommended? I read the faq but i would some more peoples opinions on the different coil over kits available, if not the teins, what should I get?

Re: Tein Coil Overs
Friday, February 17, 2006 5:18 PM
i have seen on here a couple folks have Tein S/S coilovers, which kit did they buy for our car, i dont see one on SCO
Friday, February 17, 2006 5:23 PM
check the group purchase in the group purchase forumn they show the two available and the other option would be gravana coilovers from gravana.com
Friday, February 17, 2006 7:23 PM
IF you go to Tein's website and look up their products for the Chevrolet Cavalier you'll find all the information you need.

SCO sells both the Tein Super Street and Type Basic dampers. I've had both, they both work really well.

All this information is available with a little bit of searching.

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:28 PM
Yupp, i love my Tein Basic's , couldn't ask for more .

Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:02 PM
ok, im sure it has been addressed but just for sake of repitition and keeping this topic self contained, it said on the group purchase that we need the top mount and the s/p seat off of a 00-04 J, does anyone have a pic of what these parts look like so i can pick them up at a junkyard.
Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:28 PM
that gp is for springs. what are you looking for? it doesnt even seem like you know what you want to go w/ it. the only coils tein makes for our cars are the ss and the basic's. both are full replacement kits

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:40 PM
Does anyone have the electronic controller for the Tien SS's? If so, is it worth it? I have my heart set on gravanas coilover setup, but electronic adjustability is VERY appealing.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:02 PM
Personally I plan on getting the EDFC because it will allow me to adjust the damping if a passenger isn't comfortable.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:58 AM
the GP is for springs and coilovers
Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:29 PM
yea but the items he is talkin' about are for the springs.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:16 PM
ok, so the tein SS's will work on my car (96 Sunfire) with no modifications to the car whatsoever?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search