painting calipers - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
painting calipers
Friday, February 17, 2006 8:37 AM
i did a search and came up with a couple of answers but overall i was wondering if you can just use engine paint that are high temp paints that can with stand 500+ degrees and just use some type of degreaser to remove the brake dust and dirt off the caliper.

Also i was curious as to what colors everyone has tired. i see yellow, red, black and even orange quite often anyone tired anything else just trying to get some ideas. i have a black 05 cavalier i was prob going to go red but what does everyone think about blue is it a no go or would it look good. thanks for the help everyone.

Re: painting calipers
Friday, February 17, 2006 8:43 AM
you can use pretty much any spray paint. dosent have to be high temp or anything.

i personally used high temp paint, but i know plenty who didnt, and had good results.
just make sure you prep good, and you'll be fine

Friday, February 17, 2006 8:43 AM
Caliper paints are the same ceramic based 500*+ paints. I used blue:

I know they're kinda bad pictures. But you get the idea. I've seen silver too.
If you've got stock drums, you may want to just paint them black.

Friday, February 17, 2006 8:53 AM
ya i just put got my rims put on a couple of days ago and was just wanting something to cover up the dirty old calipers and drums and another thing can i just leave them on and mask everything off and spray over them or do i need to take them off. also should i use a brush or just spray with the can thanks
Friday, February 17, 2006 10:31 AM
I brushed. Others sprayed. It all looks the same to me.
I took mine off. Others masked-off. Both are work.

Friday, February 17, 2006 1:27 PM
one more quick question since its like 10 degrees outside here would that play a factor in the paint sticking to the metal or will it still be ok to go and ahead and paint them thanks
Friday, February 17, 2006 1:53 PM
Read the directions on the can. My paint said 50* min, otherwise it will dry tacky.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search