question about Eibach Camber Kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about Eibach Camber Kit
Monday, February 13, 2006 11:15 AM
i ordered the eibach camber correction kit but think i might be missing parts... if you look at the picture of the Eibach kit on Gravanas website, its got several parts in the picture... but the one i got (ordered from gravana) is only camber bolts. at first i thought maybe the picture on the site is just a genaric camber set picture kinda like RSM shows the 2.4 s/c for the ecotec s/c but still sells the ecotec s/c... but then i was thinking, there are 2 camber bolts on each side of a cavalier suspension... so do i only have to replace one with the eibach bolt to fix the camber? or was i supposed to get 4 of them? Before you say "ask gravana".. i tried... no response. not sure whats going on there. but thats not the issue here... just wondered if you guys had some insight on the kit components and if i got everything i needed or not. thanks!
heres what i got...

Re: question about Eibach Camber Kit
Monday, February 13, 2006 11:43 AM
our cars dont require a camber kit so its not really needed

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:01 PM
thats all it comes with i got the same thing!!
Monday, February 13, 2006 2:06 PM
Yupp , and it works damn good, helped my camber GREATLY.

I dont care what anyone says about not needing them , my car with the Tein Basics lowered halfway , the camber was so off. I aligned it myself at school , and now everything is all good.

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:36 PM
You've got it. Only replace the upper bolt. Should be just two bolts, two washers, and two nuts.

Monday, February 13, 2006 7:28 PM
cool. just wanted to make sure i got everything because i was expecting more. and as far as the comment about not needing it... i know i need it, i have the uneven tire wear to prove it. lol.

Monday, February 13, 2006 7:34 PM
I guess what he meant is, we do not need them like other cars do. My tires last longer on my cav than any other car I have ever had lowered

-Brandon

Monday, February 13, 2006 8:03 PM
What they mean is that we have several degrees of adjustability in our struts. So unless you're dropped more than 2" you don't need them, because the adjustability can make up the difference. If you're slammed (2"+) then you may need them, or need to slot the struts.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:38 AM
i am lower than 2 inches actually.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:42 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:i ordered the eibach camber correction kit but think i might be missing parts... if you look at the picture of the Eibach kit on Gravanas website, its got several parts in the picture... but the one i got (ordered from gravana) is only camber bolts. at first i thought maybe the picture on the site is just a genaric camber set picture kinda like RSM shows the 2.4 s/c for the ecotec s/c but still sells the ecotec s/c... but then i was thinking, there are 2 camber bolts on each side of a cavalier suspension... so do i only have to replace one with the eibach bolt to fix the camber? or was i supposed to get 4 of them? Before you say "ask gravana".. i tried... no response. not sure whats going on there. but thats not the issue here... just wondered if you guys had some insight on the kit components and if i got everything i needed or not. thanks!
heres what i got...

i work at a shop where we install simialr kits, you replace the lower bolt on your struts and as far as the rear goes you will need to have a shim installed by an alignment tech who has acces to a shim program

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:23 PM
the rear end of a cavalier or any other car with a axle in the rear will never need anything for adjustability unless the car has been in an accident.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:19 PM
michael groves wrote:the rear end of a cavalier or any other car with a axle in the rear will never need anything for adjustability unless the car has been in an accident.

thats the biggest line of bull i ever heard, spring wear, lowering, hitting a pot hole, going over poor roads, all therse can affect trhe rear alignment on a cavalier

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search