Yay! FINALLY getting bags, but need tips. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Yay! FINALLY getting bags, but need tips.
Monday, February 13, 2006 8:54 AM
After a whole damn year, I have started to purchace my air ride system. I wanted to start buying components that I could install without take out the suspension and then at the end switch my coilovers to bags and cyls. So here's what I bought:

3 gal chrome tank

New Viair 275C Compressor (yes it's a slow comp. but I didn't want too fast of bags. My wife drives my car as much as I do right now, so I don't want her to come home and see the rear bumper shattered. : )

4 NEW PARKER 3/8" AIR RIDE VALVES 400PSI

Also a water trap/filter and a pressure switch.

Now I probably could have gotten everything cheaper if I got it all at once from airbagit.com BUT I want to do all Nickel fittings, plus I wanted all chrome. It's gonna be very simple and clean.

SO I want peoples opinions and also I'm pretty sure I need 4 more valves, someone please tell me.

Re: Yay! FINALLY getting bags, but need tips.
Monday, February 13, 2006 9:01 AM
that tank is small. dont expect to get much play out of the system before you need to fill it up again. as you said that compressor is gonna be slow. the compressor doesnt deterime how quick the bags are. all the compressor does is fill the tank. a bigger or 2 compressor is gonna fill it up alot quicker. what determines the quickness of the bags is the size valves and the size line. also the closer the valves are to the bags, the quicker it will be since its less the air has to travel.

as for the valves its up to what you want. right now you really only have a front to back kit. to get a fbss you would need 8 valves

Monday, February 13, 2006 9:09 AM
As for brand of valves and comp. did I get something thats not sompletely @!#$? Also I can get another 3 gal tank if it drains too slow.

Monday, February 13, 2006 9:12 AM
no the valves and compressor are good brands.

you dont want another tank and keep the compressor. its gonna make it twice as slow. i would sell the compressor and get something bigger. im using a viair 450c to fill up my 5 gallon tank

Monday, February 13, 2006 9:44 AM
Like BC said, that's a small setup. Which will work fine, there's nothing "wrong" with it.

If you want to show off though, you'll probably want a larger tank, larger valves, and/or larger compressor. It just depends on what you want out of it.

Tank size determines how often the compressor will have to run.
Valve size determines how fast the bags fill/drain.
Compressor determines how quickly it can refill the tank.

Monday, February 13, 2006 1:34 PM
Agreed on the smallness. You are going to hate it. When I had the 5 gallon tank and a 380 compressor it was still too slow for me! You might be able to get your car up and down twice on the tank....

Monday, February 13, 2006 4:22 PM
i have a brand new 5 gallon tank coming that id sell you

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:32 PM
I'm gonna see how it works and if I hate it, I'll sell and re-buy.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:39 PM
I had the easystreet kit and i opted out to get the 8.5 gallon tank wit h2 380's and i cpuld play with the switches for a good little time.

Norms Fenders
Holes in front bumper from plate bracket (custom)
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake/IC Pipes
Pcm4less Tune
Infinity Kappa Speakers
Dakota Digital EGT & Boost Gauage
DDM Probeam
JPM Shifter
Custom Kicker System By JPM
MBRP Heat Shield
Dejon Intercooler
AlkaControl Water/Meth Injection
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search