i have a few questions about some noises... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i have a few questions about some noises...
Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:52 AM
well there are a 2 noises that have popped up lately that care concerning me. first off this morning on my way home, i noticed a kind of knock or simerler to somthing loose in the back end of the car when i went over a speed bump. i took a look and i didnt see anything, but it is still making the noise. pretty noticable on gravel as well. but when i stopped in the parking lot to see what i can find, i decided cut the wheel back and forth to see if i can duplicate the sound. well no luck there, but i did notice a slight popping sound, when i turned the wheel to back and forth. i am on stock suspension, and am waiting for it to stop raining/snowing to jack her up and take a look. just wanted to get a headstart on here from you guys. thanks very much for any help/suggestions.

Re: i have a few questions about some noises...
Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:04 AM
The rear sound is bad rear strut mounts, 99.9% sure.
The front sound could be several things, strut mount (unlikely, but possible), ball joint, tierod end, or axle bearing. Jack it up and see if you can tell where it moves.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:06 AM
well that was dam quick. thank you very much. now i just need it to dry out so i can lay on the ground and not get soaked...

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:09 AM
well i am sure this is a stupid thing to ask, but as far as the strut mount, is it ok to drive on for about another 3 weeks or so? i am in the proccess of gathering struts, springs and what not. and if they will be safe, i would rather just wait and swap it all out. give me a heads up. thanks.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:59 PM
As long as you don't do any sort of extreme driving, it's ok.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:23 AM
well i dont know if this matters, but today i noticed while sitting in the car with her parked. with the ebrake up and in gear, and any other combonation you can think of, while sitting the car kind of makes a "pop" kind of noise kind of spaced out. havnt ever noticed it, wasnt sure it it was relevent or not. ight thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search