1.7 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:31 AM
ok, over the winter i got some decent 1.7" all around springs that i plan on putting on in the summer, and i was wonder if dspecs and yellows are my ONLY choice? all i use my car for is driving to work and whereever on the weekends for enjoyment. im in canada and to get either of these, it seems like its going to cost me at least $800cdn which is ALOT of money. yes i know suspension is important... and the more u pay the better quality you get.... but is anyone running struts rated for 1.5" , but use 1.7" ? is there ANYTHING i could get for maybe the $500cdn range or less?

Re: 1.7
Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:54 AM
kyb agx's should be ok, i think? NOT gr2s, though. I think thats about it, tho.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:51 AM
^NO! Don't hand out misinformation. I wish I could kick people like you.

Brian: Yep, Konis and D-Specs are the only choice that will control those springs.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:49 AM
C.T.S wrote:^NO! Don't hand out misinformation. I wish I could kick people like you.

Brian: Yep, Konis and D-Specs are the only choice that will control those springs.

that wasn't misinformation.....he said "kyb agx's should be ok, i think?" meaning he was pretty sure the AGX struts were ok, not saying that they ARE ok...big difference

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:37 AM
mikec2003 wrote:
C.T.S wrote:^NO! Don't hand out misinformation. I wish I could kick people like you.

that wasn't misinformation.....he said "kyb agx's should be ok, i think?" meaning he was pretty sure the AGX struts were ok, not saying that they ARE ok...big difference

It's still misinformation...
I don't think you'll die if you jump off this cliff, but I'm not a doctor so I'm not sure.

As for original question, you're not going to find struts and springs for that cheap bud. If you get Sportlines+ D-Specs, you're lookin at closer to $1200, konis will be fairly close in price. Even the KYB AGX struts are gonna cost you more than 500CAD.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:13 PM
*sigh*..., ok well which is the better choice..., dspecs are direct bolt ons correct?, that sounds the easiest for installing

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:21 PM
AGXs will not handle those spring.

D-Specs are a touch cheaper and direct boltons. Koni's have a good/long reputation for being excelent struts.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:54 PM
I have the d-specs and I love them. Don't know about the install as my shop did it for me. But I can say its the best thing I have ever done to any car ever. I love them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search