lowering Q's and opinions - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering Q's and opinions
Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:23 AM
well guys im looking at lowering my car, as well as trying to keep a budget of around 500-600 tops. i guess in general im looking for pics from people with either of the eibach springs or goldlines. as of now im leaning twords the sportlines or the goldlines but im not sure what struts/shox to go with. Was also wondering if tokica HP's with goldlines would be a terrable idea, i know the HP's are only warrentied up to 1.5" drop, but what are the chances that the extra 1/4" is going to kill them? So anyways pics / comments / flames / sales all welcome

Re: lowering Q's and opinions
Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:43 AM
The warranty on the struts will void if you go lower than they're designed for. You'd need their D-Specs or Koni dampers. There's plenty of pics of cars with those springs if you search the member directory. Just type in the springs in the criteria. There's one with the Goldlines that looked sick, considering it's a sedan, but he said that they sagged a little bit when they got broke in. The Eibach Sportlines are hands down the favorite for the lowest drop, 1.75 front and something like 2.25ish in the rear.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:03 AM
in that case anyone know where i can get a good deal on koni yellows/reds, or d-specs?
Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:00 AM
Try the Classifieds

Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:29 AM
i called tokico yesturday and asked about the HP's cuz i want to use them w/ my S.Techs and they said anything over 2 inchs is going to void them.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:04 AM
Well, there you go. Get a set of springs that do like a 1.8 drop or something like that and feel the crispy lowered goodness.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:02 PM
hps are meant to be oem replacements. i wouldnt lower on them. its the same a gr2's. they are warrientied up to a 1.5" drop but that doesnt mean its recommended

Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:15 PM
If you only want to spend $600, I would use the Eibach prokit and KYB agx's.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:45 PM
i think im going to go with the hp's lowered with either sportlines or goldlines, tokico site itself says there good for drops of 1-2 inchesso, why not, and i can get them for cheap brand new bout 250 for the set.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:23 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:If you only want to spend $600, I would use the Eibach prokit and KYB agx's.

x2

I spent maybe 450 (excuding shipping) for both.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:19 PM
If I give a 100lb sack of potatoes to a 5'7" 120lb girl, she not going to be able to cary it.
I on the other hand, could throw it over my should and walk around with it.

That's what HP springs feel like when they're lowered, they can not hold the spring back from bouncing or doing whatever it wants. They never could. Koni's or D-Specs are like a heavyweight lifter, they'll keep the springs in check.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:41 AM
well A. being that i can get them so cheap. B. only the rears void warrenty anyways and they dont take nearly the stress the fronts do. C. working at ups ive learned not to underestimate small things specialy when it comes to petite women. So bad analagy on your part. i can have these sportlines and hp setup shipped and installed by a shop for less than
$400
Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:10 AM
Blackplague wrote:well A. being that i can get them so cheap. B. only the rears void warrenty anyways and they dont take nearly the stress the fronts do. C. working at ups ive learned not to underestimate small things specialy when it comes to petite women. So bad analagy on your part. i can have these sportlines and hp setup shipped and installed by a shop for less than
$400

Let us know how long they last before they blow.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:55 AM
Blackplague wrote:well A. being that i can get them so cheap. B. only the rears void warrenty anyways and they dont take nearly the stress the fronts do. C. working at ups ive learned not to underestimate small things specialy when it comes to petite women. So bad analagy on your part. i can have these sportlines and hp setup shipped and installed by a shop for less than
$400

Maybe you can get them for $400 install, They are not going to hold up. You will just pay for them again and again. Why people are so cheap is beyond me.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search