installing koni sport struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installing koni sport struts
Friday, February 10, 2006 5:34 PM
Hey fellow org members. This question is a little left field, because it doesn't particularly apply to a j-body, but the details should be roughly the same. My friend jsut got in his koni struts for the front and rear and we are getting ready to tackle the project of installing them. We have all of the tools that we need, and we have both taken on and off springs and struts on our cars before so we shouldn't be in too bad of shape. His car is a tiburon and the struts are slightly different then the j-body bc both of them need to be modified to fit in the oe housings. I beleive that the j-body only has to have the fronts modified and the back are direct replacement. Anyways, I know ALOT of you guys have the sports on your cars and I was wondering if anybody could give us any tips on install, and anything to look out for. The directions that were included are a little bunk, but I understand the gist of it. It kinda sucks that they don't include any words labeling parts and what not. I'm not so much looking for the answer of how to install these on the tib, I'm more looking for what was involved on your cars, bc I know it should be roughly the same process. Thanks for reading my too-long post and hopefully one of the suspension gurus (cough*event*cough) can give me a little help and make this project all the more easy.

I know that this probably should be in the other car forum or even on a tiburon forum, but I don't want to register to their forum just to ask a question when I know I can get it here, and I think I will get responses here then in the other car forum.

Re: installing koni sport struts
Friday, February 10, 2006 9:04 PM
you shouldn't need any words. the pictures pretty much tell the whole story right on from my memory. nothing really hard...just hope you have a good cutting tool

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, February 10, 2006 10:19 PM
I think the directions are a waste of paper. If you can't figure it out just by looking at the parts, you're probably the type that shouldn't be doing it.

If you've done some other work in the past (which you have) and you're not afraid to cut into the oem struts, just go for it; it's really not that bad.

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:34 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=77664&t=77664#77664

check out the last page or next to last page. should help a bit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search