ebay coilover kits... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ebay coilover kits...
Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:03 PM
Alright all before you start bashing sayin pos an all that has anyone had experience. i figure for like 45 shipped they are awfully cheap so does that mean the quality is crap too? anyone buy any? any experience? i'd like to just lower my car a lil so can i set these an forget? or am i gonna snap a spring in a week? i wanna know experience good an bad. if you havent tried it havent seen them than don't voice out unless you've had first hand experience good an bad!

Re: ebay coilover kits...
Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:19 PM
Never buy something that sounds to good to be true.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:23 PM
They're generic kits not actually engineered for our cars. I consider them unsafe and wouldn't install them on my car or anyone else's.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:26 PM
alright thanks guys whats the cheapest lowering springs? i've always used eibachs... but i don't wanna spenf that kinda money on this car...
Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:31 PM
Run away. Run far, run fast. Think about it, would you trust $45.00 worth of parts to support your 2600 pound car? If you want to lower your car with true coilovers, you're going to spend a MINIMUM of $600 for quality parts worth having, and that's if you get a good deal. Dude, I wouldn't put those parts on anybody's car, not even if they kicked me in the nuts and pushed me into oncoming traffic. Ok, maybe if they pushed me into traffic.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:36 PM
Rob West wrote:alright thanks guys whats the cheapest lowering springs? i've always used eibachs... but i don't wanna spenf that kinda money on this car...

lowering isnt for you then if you dont wanna spend the money. to do it the right way w/ a good set of springs and struts (yes you need new struts when you lower and not some rebadged oem stuff) is gonna run you like 500 bucks for the cheapest

Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:43 PM
Could do something like GR2s with Suspension Techniques 1.1" drop. About $300.

I'm not saying I would do that, I don't think it's the greatest idea. But it's the cheapest you're going to get an still be within the "safe-ish" zone. As stated above, suspension is the only thing between you and the road (or some other hard object), you just can't cheap out on it any expect it to be safe.

Also, more and more insurance companies are wising up to crapy suspension. I know someone who used Dropzone Springs and Shocks off eBay, ended up in the ditch, insurance didn't pay a penny because his @!#$ty suspension was deemed a contributing cause of the accident.

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:52 AM
C.T.S wrote:Could do something like GR2s with Suspension Techniques 1.1" drop. About $300.

I'm not saying I would do that, I don't think it's the greatest idea. But it's the cheapest you're going to get an still be within the "safe-ish" zone. As stated above, suspension is the only thing between you and the road (or some other hard object), you just can't cheap out on it any expect it to be safe.

Also, more and more insurance companies are wising up to crapy suspension. I know someone who used Dropzone Springs and Shocks off eBay, ended up in the ditch, insurance didn't pay a penny because his @!#$ty suspension was deemed a contributing cause of the accident.

Yup, same thing happened to a friend on mines' Celica. He lowered it without replacing the shocks. The shocks blew, and this winter he lost control and crashed into a median. The insurance company (MPI) would not cover his car. They said that because of him not installing the springs properly (with matching shocks/struts) that his mod was the cause of the accident. The oem struts were all leaking oil. He's still trying to fight it in court, but they keep paper pushing him. Accident was all his fault so he also lost two merrits.

Friday, February 10, 2006 12:37 PM
Let them buy the things off ebay.. They will learn quick what the mistake was.

Friday, February 10, 2006 12:47 PM
i use sprint lowering springs they work pretty well.

Friday, February 10, 2006 1:34 PM
i bought a set of coilovers from ebay when i had my last cav and still in highschool. and i learned from that mistake. it messed up my whole suspension. i blew my struts through the strut towers and they put one hell of a dent in my hood. i would suggest not to buy them and save your money to get a good set. but thats just my .02 cents

Friday, February 10, 2006 2:26 PM
I love everyone who buys lowering springs and think it's all peachy dandy because nothing has happened in X amount of time. Time will only tell of their own stupidity.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:42 PM
My friend had 'em on her car "THEY WERE TOTAL JUNK" Dude talk about a freaking Rollacoaster ride & The clunking and slamming and popping and hitting my head on her car's roof . NOT FUN EXPERIANCE!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search