Tein H.Tech's comments and pictures - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein H.Tech's comments and pictures
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:08 PM
Hey guys whats up, I have the Tein S. Techs sitting next to me and after haveing them im still undecided on whether or not to keep them or go w/ the H. Techs. I want to know any comment or feed back on the H. Techs, ive heard a lot about the S. Techs but nothing on the H. Techs. Would going with the H. Techs increase handling at all becuase im more performance oriented then apperance. Please help.

Re: Tein H.Tech's comments and pictures
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:12 PM
I have also been looking for info and pics of cars with the h. techs.......

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:20 PM
Neither spring is optimal for handling. The H-Tech are going to be a bit better. They'll also wear less on your car (mounts, cvs, struts, etc). Both springs will be a huge improvement over stock.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:32 AM
anyone else, anyone w/ pics or anything.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:49 AM
C.T.S wrote:Neither spring is optimal for handling. The H-Tech are going to be a bit better. They'll also wear less on your car (mounts, cvs, struts, etc). Both springs will be a huge improvement over stock.
Do you think there would be a huge difference between a prokit and the h-techs? The spring rates don't seem that different (both fairly soft from what I make of the pressure per inch measurement) The biggest difference I see is the geometry of the suspension after the two springs are installed.

I'm trying to imagine it in my head, and I may be WAY out to lunch right now.

Any thoughts anyone?

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:32 PM
ProKit would be noticable better handling, at least noticable to some. The closer you are to 1.5" the better it will handle. I'm not trying to reference spring rates, the car's control arms are parallel at a 1.5" drop, so that's where it will naturally handle best.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:36 PM
the s-techs are a 1.7 front 1.5 rear wouldnt that make them handle better than a 1.1 inch front 1.0 rear drop?
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:51 PM
yeah but then the ride height of the car would be lower....but ive already made my decision to stay w/ the S.Techs im just trying to decide which struts to go w/.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:00 PM
i have the s-techs also and i am going to go with the Agx's but d-specs or koni's are probably better choices
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:41 AM
C.T.S wrote:ProKit would be noticable better handling, at least noticable to some. The closer you are to 1.5" the better it will handle. I'm not trying to reference spring rates, the car's control arms are parallel at a 1.5" drop, so that's where it will naturally handle best.

Thankyou, that's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't out to lunch.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:52 AM
if you really want better handeling and a bit lower than the s tech or h tech, then check out the tein super streets, they're also compatiable with their edfc system unlike the other two

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:17 PM
anton...i'm looking at getting a set of s. techs, saying you've had experience with them, would you recommend or no?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:16 PM
i would tell you but i havent put them on yet....there sitting in my garage at home waiting to get installed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search