are these springs any good? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
are these springs any good?
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:36 PM
megan lowering springs.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: are these springs any good?
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:54 PM
Depends....

A lot of people say that Megan racing is crap and makes cheap springs....but a lot of people use them. Enjuku Racing, which currently had two consistantly top 32 Formula D drivers uses them and says they are great.

I haven't heard much about them on J-bodies though so I would probably go with Tein or Eibach.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:54 PM
If you don't know, the no. They are very purpose specific. Not for your average tuner who drives their car daily. They require Koni's or D-Specs to control them.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:13 PM
I have sprint lowering springs right now. I am also lookin into dropzone struts.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:43 PM
Dropzone everything sucks major ass. Don't get them.

Megan's for Js are very stiff. Please go read the FAQ. You quite obviously have not.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:36 AM
suspension is something you cant cheap out on

Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:15 PM
hey how do your sprint springs ride? pretty stiff and bouncy? i have them and dont like the ride.would new struts realy help the ride?

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:14 PM
What struts do you have now? Spring springs would require Koni's or D-Specs to controll them, nothing else would work.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 12:07 PM
oem's

Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:03 PM
Yeah. You need to switch to Koni's or D-Specs. They will stop the bouncing. It will still be just as "harsh" because that's mostly the springs.

I would highly recommend it. It's also becoming more common for insurance companies to get wise to performance springs on oem struts, and void your insurance when you crash. Just a thought.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search