combating wheel hop - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
combating wheel hop
Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:43 AM
i have a bone stock 05 Sunfire 5speed. i took it to the track and during my burnout, and during the 1-2 shift, i get severe wheelhop. what needs to be done to these FWD cars to stop this?

PS - im new to this whole FWD thing. Vettes, GNs, and Trans Ams are what im used to. any help would be greatly appreciated

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/1LE
- LS1 6speed, 3.42s
ported 5.3 heads, comp 224/228 cam, boltons
(410rwhp/390rwtq)

Re: combating wheel hop
Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:46 AM
alls im seeing from the above post is an ad?

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/1LE
- LS1 6speed, 3.42s
ported 5.3 heads, comp 224/228 cam, boltons
(410rwhp/390rwtq)
Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:02 PM
You'll notice that after the first post in every thread, theres an automatic 'ADBOT' post, that generates revenue for the site. It's pretty lame but you can't do much about it.

Just a hint, if you're looking for something you think might be asked frequently, try searching. I did for you and this is what I came up with:

Event:
rksport a-arms 400$ really top wise effective.
regular poly bushings 40$, arms still flex, but def 70% of rksport a-arm effectiveness.
front strut brace 30$-100$, helps the subframe brace
subframe brace, can be MADE for 7$ helps the strut brace
non worn struts, 100$-250$ for just the front struts, stiffer springs less bounce
upper and lower engine mounts, aroudn 65$, keeps engine from rocking, less car motion

Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:51 PM
You guys know if you go premium you won't see the ADBOT come on and support the org! Anyway tires and spring and strut combo affect wheel hop the most.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, February 06, 2006 9:28 AM
Tires, Struts, Bushings. Those items effect it the most IMHO (for what you're looking at).

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:39 AM
a-arm bushings are the best cure

lowering(springs/struts) and engine/trans mounts also help

rk doesnt sell the tubular a-arms any more , to may problems with them breaking

for the mounts(or any parts) talk to either karo @carcustoms.net , or jim @ gravanatuning.com , arron @turbotechracing.com

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:43 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]a-arm bushings are the best cure

lowering(springs/struts) and engine/trans mounts also help

rk doesnt sell the tubular a-arms any more , to may problems with them breaking

for the mounts(or any parts) talk to either karo @carcustoms.net , or jim @ gravanatuning.com , arron @turbotechracing.com

FACT

a-arms may be good if you dont put alot of stress and driving on em, but if you are racking easily 30k or more a year, i wouldnt chance it. i;ve had 2 of the 3 designs and so far its shown that all three have failed.

hopefully they come with a more stress effective design in the future, but its questionable cause alot of their focus is now on other cars as well as the new gm stuff like the cobalt.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search