air ride tank mount question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air ride tank mount question
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:33 AM
I just bought easy street setup and im having problems coming up with a idea to mount the tank. I have 15in of clearance from my qlogic box to the back of the trunk but i need 16and 1/2 in for the tank and valves and was wondering if anyone had any pics of the way they mounted there tank and valves with a speaker box in the trunk

Re: air ride tank mount question
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:38 AM
You dont have to mount the valves to the tank. You could have them come out and then 90 to the sides or something.
Get creative. It dosnt have to be exactly how they show in the manual. You can extend the lines and hide the valves any place you can find.
Like on my car I had the front valves mounted under the headlights. Saves a lot of room in the trunk.

I am all that is man

Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:49 AM

THats my old setup just to give you an idea of how space can be left open in the trunk if you hide stuff.

With that set up you could put one sub in front of tank, two at the rear, or do a spare tire enclosure. ANd still have room left over.

I am all that is man

Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:02 AM
what all do i need to move the valves?
Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:23 AM
yea the valves dont have to come off the tank. you can put them closer to the bag and mount them on the outside of the car. the close the valves are to the bags, the quicker they will be

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:05 AM
i have my tank sunk into my spare tire well but many people have that now, best bet would be to mount ur valves somwhere else or close to the bag or do a valve block!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:16 PM
hey how did you mount it in the spare tire housing?did you just drill a couple holes then bolt it down??
Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:25 PM
yes drilled a few holes bolted it down then drilled 4 more holes for my dump valves to shoot outside the car!!!then made a false floor so just some of the tank sticks up with plexi glass to see my valves

Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:19 PM
thanks
Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:10 PM

that`s how i did mine but i have air ride tech

can i haz bondo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search