Lowering my ride....whats your opinion - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering my ride....whats your opinion
Friday, February 03, 2006 8:28 PM
So I'm looking into lowering my 04 Fire. I no longer think I will be getting a body kit because I like having the clean look I have right now. So I am planning on getting either 17s or 18s to complete the look, that is after I figure out how low to go.

SO.. ok, how low should I go? I have the stock 15 alloy rims and the wheel gap is about 3" off the stock tire. I want to lower the car so when I get the rims it wont look funny, but I also don't want a real sloppy ride quality or be so low that I scrape my belly driving around the city cause we all know its not the greatest of places to drive a lowered car. I'm already planning on getting Koni Yellows, but I want to know what you guys would suggest on springs. So far I'm lookin at sportlines, and Tein 1.1 and 1.7s. What do you guys think? Anyother suggestions?

Re: Lowering my ride....whats your opinion
Friday, February 03, 2006 9:30 PM
which tein's both the h tech and the s tech? Either way you look at it your getting a great product....more handling out of the s tech then the sportlines

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:49 PM
Well if you're getting Konis you can take your pick on springs. Figure out how much drop you want, 1.5" is ideal for handling, and look a the FAQ for the matching spring.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:13 AM
Sportlines + D-Specs or Konis

Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:17 AM
bag it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search