Replace strut mounts? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replace strut mounts?
Friday, February 03, 2006 2:08 PM
I'm getting ready to do my suspension install tomorrow, my car has 74k on it should I replace the strut mounts? Whats a good price for these as they are like $200 at car quest.

Re: Replace strut mounts?
Friday, February 03, 2006 2:40 PM
its not a bad idea to replace. i got my fronts for $70 for the pair at autozone

not positive on the rears

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:54 PM
$70 for a pair?

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:57 PM
We have in stock the KYB mounts all 4 are 209.99.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, February 03, 2006 8:32 PM
Eazy Ent. ( 716 ) wrote:its not a bad idea to replace. i got my fronts for $70 for the pair at autozone

not positive on the rears

Does that include the spring seat, bearing, bearing plate, insulators, etc............???
Cause the prices vary around here...........Fronts are like from $95 each, to $169.99 each, and from Mr. Goodwrench (GM) $225 each..........Rears are from $35 each to $100 each from GM............I'm also trying to find the best deals, and at the same time quality, so good luck........
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 7:45 PM
i hate to bring this back from the dead, but i purchased a prokit and agx's, and the strut mounts are starting to pop in the front once here or there. now i have been told that this is because the stock strut mounts dont like a lowered car, any suggestions on a decent priced set of mounts that will hold up to a lowered car? thanks

mike

Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:06 PM
there are no "after amrket one" you must not have the spring seated properly.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:38 PM
Machzel08 wrote:there are no "after amrket one" you must not have the spring seated properly.
Short of removing the struts (dont feel like paying for a 3rd alignment in 3 months), is there a way to check if they are seated? AFAIK, the nut on top is tight, but a get a random popping every now and again.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:18 PM
make sure sprign is flush with mount

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search