K- Subframe brace - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
K- Subframe brace
Friday, February 03, 2006 12:28 PM
Does anyone else make this brace? Have it? Any input is welcomed.
I read some where here that HighRev is out of buisness, is this correct? This pic is from their catalog.
Some will say to fabricate one, but I do not have access to a welding machine.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: K- Subframe brace
Friday, February 03, 2006 12:32 PM
talk to speedracerz , he was susposed to make some

and high rev is long GONE

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:03 PM
Actually. I am going to be making them for this spring!!

I have the tools, and all the knowledge. I just haven't had anytime. Right now I am clearing out the last of my Subframe braces. Then I am going to start making these. I just hope there will be a market for them.

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:08 PM
BTW The reason that design in the picture never really sold. Is because it would only work with the 5speeds. In an auto, the Trans pan hangs right were that braces is. Thats why I am gonna make them slightly different for everyone to use

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:15 PM
well count me as interested...i have an aluminum home made one but that one looks so much better ...if its anything like that ill take one

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:25 PM
I'm interested in it as well.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:43 PM
I too am interested.

Friday, February 03, 2006 3:20 PM
ive been interested in 1 , by speed has been super busy , and i havent bugged him lately

plus the whole auto trans thing

Friday, February 03, 2006 6:29 PM
Yeah,
HighRevs can fit on the auto if you flip it upside down for an auto.
But Iwasnt brave enough to bolt it up at the time.

So Ken or Speedracer whenever you guys are ready.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:07 AM
I'll be watching this, have been interested in these for a while.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:33 AM
are we allowed to talk about how much we think these are worth? If Its worth it to make them I could do this. I have a welder and lots of welding experience.

02 LS Sport http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135396
68 Firebird http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135556
56 GMC http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135587
66 Suburban http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135589

Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:55 AM
Id buy one from ken or speed if it was made to fit an auto.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:04 PM
KEN 2.2 wrote:BTW The reason that design in the picture never really sold. Is because it would only work with the 5speeds. In an auto, the Trans pan hangs right were that braces is. Thats why I am gonna make them slightly different for everyone to use

You just made my day, lol

Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:16 PM
id buy one asap!!>..
Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:39 PM
KEN 2.2 wrote:I have the tools,

That may be so.

Ken 2.2 wrote: and all the knowledge.

That I have to call into question. You made your original braces out of aluminum. Thats like violating one of the 10 commandments of chassis building/modifying. Speedracer's(high rev), ControlFX, and RK Sport were all steel. Somehow you missed the fact that they might be doing it right and concluded that aluminum was "safer".

Anybody that purchased your brace has been deceived. Those that think it made a huge difference in the handling of their car on a stock suspension are just plain stupid. I understand that you might just be trying to make a buck, but at least have the courtesy to do it right.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:55 PM
If theres a desire and its worth my time I can make some K subframe braces. I am a mechanical engineering student with a long background in cars and fabrication. I could do some structural analysis if that would help anyone. I agree with event, they should be steel. I will not make anything that can catch on road hazards as that is unsafe and can cause costly damage. I have a manual car so designing for an automatic would require someone to offer a test car.

Ken 2.2 Im not trying to step on your toes here. It might be cheaper with shipping for people to have a west coast source for these bars as Im in phoenix.

If theres enough interest here Im in for making some.

02 LS Sport http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135396
68 Firebird http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135556
56 GMC http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135587
66 Suburban http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135589
Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:30 PM
Dennis Rolston wrote:If theres a desire and its worth my time I can make some K subframe braces. I am a mechanical engineering student with a long background in cars and fabrication. I could do some structural analysis if that would help anyone. I agree with event, they should be steel. I will not make anything that can catch on road hazards as that is unsafe and can cause costly damage. I have a manual car so designing for an automatic would require someone to offer a test car.

Ken 2.2 Im not trying to step on your toes here. It might be cheaper with shipping for people to have a west coast source for these bars as Im in phoenix.

I would be interested in a K-brace design.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:45 PM
sounds like it's time to start building! lol

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:50 AM
Make it,
Let us EASTcoast guys worry about shipping.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:07 AM
Dennis Rolston wrote:If theres a desire and its worth my time I can make some K subframe braces. I am a mechanical engineering student with a long background in cars and fabrication. I could do some structural analysis if that would help anyone. I agree with event, they should be steel. I will not make anything that can catch on road hazards as that is unsafe and can cause costly damage. I have a manual car so designing for an automatic would require someone to offer a test car.

Phoenix huh? I've got an auto that's not going anywhere if you need some measurements.
I'm going to assume you're attending ASU...what year?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:47 PM
Zach.

I have heard you repeat your self a billion times now. I guess you couldn't comprehend what I said in my last post, so I will try to explain it to you one last time.

I NEVER said ALUMINUM was BETTER than STEEL.

It Is safer, and it does offer a better suspension, over your STOCK one.

Just read that a few times, and let is soak in. I am just offering an Improvement over your stock suspension. End of story.

If your so high and mighty to bash me in every post i make, then why don't YOU take your time to produce a nice product for the J bodys?

Oh by the way. I said number of times, that the K brace that I came up with is made out of STEEL.. It will be aimed towards the Auto X crowd. Not everyone loves a stiff ride on there ride to work everyday. Some just want to improve there stock ride.

Do you get all of this now?

Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:50 PM
KEN 2.2 wrote:It Is safer, and it does offer a better suspension, over your STOCK one.

It is NOT safer. Aluminum fatigues when it is continously flexed. Eventually it will break.

Ken 2.2 wrote:Not everyone loves a stiff ride on there ride to work everyday. Some just want to improve there stock ride.

A subframe brace is not going to make a stiff ride, I don't care how well designed it is. A stiff ride comes from your springs/struts(or coilovers). At best, the subframe brace will make the car more consistent. Subframe braces are highly overrated by the people on this board.

Ken 2.2 wrote:I am just offering an Improvement over your stock suspension. End of story.

Its not an improvement, its a piece of %#@^. What kind of background/understanding do you have of suspensions? Have you ever raced your car under any timed and controlled conditions(and I don't mean a drag race)? You are stupid enough to put neon lights all over your car,paint your dash, and install rice lights. I doubt you know anything besides running a drill press and a band saw.

My advice to the "auto x crowd": A subframe brace should be the last modification you choose to buy. You will yield much better results with your money by putting it towards your brakes, tires, or driving school.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:35 PM
all i ever notice is this zach comes on here and bashes every post ken makes, if you dont like it, dont comment on it. people on here have said that they feel an improvement from them. And under my car, if i hit something i want it to break off, i dont want it to be stuck under my car bouncing up and hitting my oil pan, trans, gas tank, and worse things. And aluminum is strong, a square frame is strong, these eliminate flex. I bought one.im going to use it and its going to be used for auto x. I auto x, im using rk sport pro streets and then that brace with front and rear strut braces. imagine 2 boards standing vertical and parallel. you can push one over as well as the other, now put a board on the top(strut tower brace) doesnt push over, put one on the bottom doesnt push over but still flexes some. For the price you cant beat it. and like he said if you like to keep bashing people make something better. so then we can all buy your product and if i dont like it i can bash the hell out of your product even though you have never used kens brace i wouldnt use your product and still bash the hell out of it. so grow up, move on, and stop messing up peoples post just because you dont like something. Ken has a lot of people on here using his brace. a lot of people can vouch for him. you can even see it in fatalic's sig. and i believe ken knows quite a bit about his car, since he did all of his boost system himself. and what since someone puts neons on there car is a ricer?or interrior neons? i guess you have a lot of people to answer to on this board then since you are saying they are all ricers. sure your entitled to your opinion as well am i but why do you feel the need to always make a scene? and ken just curious on how many of those braces youve sold?

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:51 PM
Quote:

It is NOT safer. Aluminum fatigues when it is continously flexed. Eventually it will break.

i really don't think he understands...maybe someone needs to break it down in simpler terms why it is "safer" ...were all concerned about the saftey of our suspension and other underbody parts..not the brace itself....if the brace hit something on the road..we would rather the brace break rather than it break something else under the car...thats what they mean by "safer"
and i have this brace..made it myself..but i still like it...add me to the list of people who feel a difference in handling with it.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:20 PM
Well said^^^

Ill trust anything made by Ken2.2

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search