RKSPORT Pro Street Coilovers - Good/Bad - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKSPORT Pro Street Coilovers - Good/Bad
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:18 PM
I can get a set of RK Sport pro street coilovers for $150 used... I was planning on getting Tein or the Gravana ones but this came up for cheap. Are they a good coilovers and if you have them what do you like/dislke about them?

Thanks

Re: RKSPORT Pro Street Coilovers - Good/Bad
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:48 PM
I had em for my sunfire

Tight handling
Adustability (no set screw)
Solid car feel (not too solid)
.5' shorter struts than stock (immediate lowering)

Dislikes:

Slightly harsher ride (potholes and speedbumps = spine o matic)
Threads that are tough to get clean (soak in WD for awhile then all good)

Basically for me the likes were enough to ignore the less ride quality but the handling is where these things shine. Taking a turn quick will make you fall in love with these things.

Mine are sold though, but I still liked em and would def recommend them.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:33 PM
good....def good. considering around 75% of suspension out there, mostly via ebay is generic crap, its one set of full coilovers that do decent.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:54 PM
For $150 i would be spectical though... make sure they aren't missing parts or rusting or anything like that.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:47 PM
I know the kid and the car... was never even driven in rain and was only on the car for about one summer... He's just had them sitting in his garage for a while and wants to get rid of them.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:05 PM
But for 150 bucks! Those are 1200 bucks regular (if they still sold them)...I have them, and I absolutely love them. But like DHG said, potholes are a bitch, avoid if at all possible and do clean the threads (something I must do once home from college).

I don't know of anyone who would waste 1000 bucks for this setup and just sell them??

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:03 AM
make sure they arent the sleeve kit rksport sells.

also the ride quality is VERY decent, as long as you dont ride on em slammed. not saying all, but many people do.

i;ve posted video driving through some of baltimores worst roads and never really had any issues... DC as well.

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:34 AM
Thanks for the info guys... They are the Pro Street kit and I got them for $150.. he even brought them to my house
Friday, February 03, 2006 3:29 PM
throw them on ebay son!

-marc

boosted again...hehe
Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:02 PM
pics of them?

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:36 PM
Good luck with them, I have them on my cav and one front strut went out and I called Rk sport and they say they are discontinued, because so many people were calling them with problems, so I can't get a replacement strut. I also called the manufacturer and they said there is nothing they can do, even though it was a manufactures defect. I hope nothing goes wrong with yours. Good Luck!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search