D-spec help. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
D-spec help.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:42 AM
Ok I've finally received my D-specs, and my sport lines will be here Friday. I'm prepping to do the install this Saturday and I'm looking for a few tips from you veterans out there as I do know enough about this to be dangerous but have never completed a strut/spring install. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. (Tools, Torque settings, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Re: D-spec help.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:24 PM
well, just make sure you get spring compressors. you can rent them from Autozone, etc for free, you just put down a deposit until you bring them back.

also, id have an air compressor and tools handy, as the spring compressors are a PITA without it. other than that, just basic sockets. install is very easy, just make sure you are careful when doing the spring comps.

if you have any specific questions, just let me know, and ill help ya out the best i can

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:25 PM
oh ya, also, you're most likely going to need a few washers to go in between the strut mount and the nut on top of the strut. theres usually a little gap there.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:29 PM
If this is the start of modding your car, a Chilton book would be a good idea. Even the Haynes book is helpful, but less detailed. They both include decent instructions and torque specs.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:44 PM
Ohh sweet I forgot I bought Chilton, gotta find it now. Thanks Eazy if I need some help I'll PM you.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:54 PM
Eazy how do you like the D-specs?

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:55 PM
i actually just got rid of them to another JBO member, cuz i wanted air ride, but i absolutely loved them. never had any issues, easy adjustment, no modding to get them installed, and the ride was perfect.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:56 PM
ps - i was using goldline springs with them

Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:07 PM
Yeah I'm really looking forward to it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search