air ride - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air ride
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:07 PM
I was just wondering. What do most of you guys do with the plastic inner wheel wells in front. Do you rip them right out or do you just cut a section out of it?

Re: air ride
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:12 AM
i left mine in

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:55 AM
mine are in as well

Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:41 PM
you both had no problems with them breaking from laying the car out at all?
Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:49 PM
I left mine in as well

Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:22 PM
so no one has had problems with breaking it at all then?
Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:23 PM
try it with em in, drive a mile or so, then if you have rubbing, just remove it.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:08 PM
I cut the top portion out. I left the back in to help block debris from getting all up in there.
I dont know how yall dont rub as I removed that and had to bend the sheet metal above it flat to keep from rubbing.

I am all that is man

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:09 PM
my top section is out in teh front and my back is out and tub'd

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:11 PM

Thats the only pic I ever took of my front. I beat it up more than that afterwards and still rubbed with 215/45-17s.

I am all that is man

Friday, February 03, 2006 4:58 PM
I did the same thing as you did esb. I seen it hanging down so I hammered it up. I didn't know if I needed to though. Could you drive around with the front all the way down ESB. OF course you have to go straight only though.

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:11 PM
The pas side was clear to drive all the way down.
But not the driver side.

THat 1/4" height dif that is common on J bodies is the reason for that. I had very little rubbing and had beat it up as much as I could.
FInaly I ended up swapping over to the stock 99 uppers and it lifted the front a bit and I could then roll all the way down with no worries at all.

I am all that is man

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:30 PM
Did you find that changing to those uppers helped for less rattles and noise while driving. Its annoying listening to all those noises. Sometimes I just can't stand leaving the stereo cranked up that loud for that long of a time.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:53 AM
The stock 99 uppers were great. Got rid of all the noises besides those that came from my one bag strut. And you could lay it out flat on a black top road and still ride pretty smooth.
The newer struts I baught have the new upper mounts from easystreet but I never installed them before I traded my car. SO I dont know how well they work.

I am all that is man

Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:59 PM
eric you tubbed your rear?

I took mine out cause they rubbed like crazy.
esb you still got the other ones i know someone who will buy them
Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:44 PM
You talking about the new mounts that have the 2 washers that are half metal and half rubber and you put one on each side of the metal plate? If so I have them and its still noisy. I do like them better than the old setup they had. I had nothing but problems with the old ones. I snapped 2 struts. Ever since I got the new mounts they have worked great but just noisy. With the 99 mounts did you modify them at all or did you just slap them in and bolt them down? What about bearings. Did you have any in there with the 99 mounts? If you have yahoo or msn let me know ESB. I wouldn't mind talking to you. Me and Jim Bigford were talking about you the one day on the phone.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:03 AM
Coop8392 wrote:eric you tubbed your rear?

i still never seen pics of this

Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:35 AM
I never tubbed my rear. I was going to at the beginning but decided not to sence my WW avenger sides touched the ground already.

What I did with the 99 uppers was the EXACT same thing everyone does to them when they install GC coilovers You have to do some changing around of parts in the upper mount. I used the bearing that came with the Easystreet struts.

I am all that is man

Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:41 AM
I posted this a while back. You can kinda see how the mount looks. THats the stock easystreet bearing. THat was the old set. The new set I have didnt come with a bearing. It just has a fat bushing

I am all that is man

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:03 AM
YEs i tub'd out the rear just like bag'd fire, s my wheels are inside the car. i got my stock back panels barely to fit with otu mod'd them at all but now i might have to rear tub it cuase it was only tub to clear stock tires and now i have 18's so i mite have to redo them, ill get u pics ESB wen i pull my i nterior out soon!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:43 AM
you have any pics of this tubbed rear? id be interested in seein' it

Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:21 PM
no pic yet but im rippn my interior to redo it so ill take some pics then

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search