can i lower on kyb gr-2s a 1.6 drop - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can i lower on kyb gr-2s a 1.6 drop
Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:59 AM
yea i was jsut wondering if any one has ever lowered on the kyb gr-2 is it not a good idea i was thinking of dropping it on b&g 1.6 drop what you guys think

http://www.geocities.com/WIJTuners/?200511

wi jbody site

Re: can i lower on kyb gr-2s a 1.6 drop
Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:13 AM
if im not mistaken the kyb gr-2s are only an oem replacement plus they are only warrantied for a 1 inch drop. correct me if im wrong. i would go the safe route spend a couple more dollars and buy the agxs.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:08 AM
they are oem replacements and ive heard they are warrantied up to 1.5" drop but not positive, i dont think they are though. if you want the 1.6" drop buy the agxs. they will handle the drop but they are only warrantied up to a 1.5" drop so if they blow you cant get new ones if you go w/ those springs

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:21 AM
they might be warrantied up to 1.5" inches. i checked on gravada and they said only an inch.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:47 AM
i have the gr2s. garbage. they bounce, badly on a 1.6inch drop (I have h&rs). go for the agxs, or better yet, tokicos, or better yet, konis.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:39 AM
soul horse wrote:i have the gr2s. garbage. they bounce, badly on a 1.6inch drop (I have h&rs). go for the agxs, or better yet, tokicos, or better yet, konis.

thats because yours are blown. gr2s are oem replacements. no drop intended

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:23 AM
Ye s the GR-2s are a stock replacement strut. They do have an ever so slightly stiffer valving than the stock struts. They are designed more for comfort than performance. They will warrenty them for up to 1.5" drop, see warrenty here. If your after a comfortable ride with springs of less than 1.5" drop, they would be a good choice, otherwise get the AGXs for spring in this range or the Koni Reds for more drop.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:12 AM
I agree with Gravana on this one I think. GR2s are good for the springs that drop you a minimal amount (~1" or less). AGXs are good up to 1.5". Anything past that and you're looking at Tokico D-Specs or Konis.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:16 PM
Agreed. The GR-2's are too soft to properly dampen H&R springs (I have H&R's on AGX's).

If you take everyone's advice and purchase AGX's, set them to the softest setting to see what the ride would have been like on GR-2's and then bump them up to like 3/6 and bask in the glow of your superior decesion to not cheap out on GR-2s.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:45 PM
yea i no but theres so mutch other stuff i still need for my car jsut trying to think of some ways to save some a drop isnt that important to me but my car needs one bad

http://www.geocities.com/WIJTuners/?200511

wi jbody site
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:55 PM
Check ebay for the AGX's. I think I got mine for about 385 shipped (almost a year ago).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search