Tein SS driver side problem - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein SS driver side problem
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:44 AM
So i cant tell if it is the front or the rear, but the driver side makes a horrible sound when going over bumps. It sounds as if the tire is off the ground and "dropped" back on. ALl the botls are tightened down to spec. Is this a common problem with tein SS. is there a way to fix this. OH yeah the the front is stock tein ride height, adn the rear is "five" notches up. The dampening is set 14/16, adn this only started after a night of REALLY hard autox. Thanks

Re: Tein SS driver side problem
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:54 PM
Maybe realignment, whel balance, or something.

Not too sure who else on here has AutoXed hard with their Tein SSs.

Not on a track anyway.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:29 AM
upper strut mount?

-marc

boosted again...hehe
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:22 PM
Sounds like my buddie's car when the strut shaft nut wasn't threaded all the way down, had to use washers and buy a deep socket for it.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:35 PM
like said in the other post, most of the problems i had was that at the reccomended height to start... they tried to make em more level. hence took away the rake angle a bit.

secondly, at the recommended height, the axles were dipped, meaning they were below parallel...

so i raised both sides, accordingly about a bit over inch on the threads... 27mm to be exact.

no probs, driving hard, and even did some testing in a local empty lot the past few weekends... basically autoX conditions and the same speeds....

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:35 PM
also the way i made sure the axles were level was to have it on a drive on type lift and raise it to eye height.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:27 AM
thanks event, what is your settings for front and rear, im goign to take it inthe garage this weekend and redue the ride height thansk again!
Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:40 PM
6 front 8 rear daily, 12 front 15 rear track. 11 front rear 13 with rear tie bar.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:11 PM
what abotu your die height, i guess its time to lower my dampening it is way high, 14/16
Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:34 PM
i dont wanna die....yet.

ride height. axles in front at parrallel, and in the rear about 3/4 inch higher.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search