Lowering W/Stock Struts Question?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering W/Stock Struts Question??
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:08 PM
Can I lower my car using the stock struts and aftermarket springs? If I can what springs should I use?

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Re: Lowering W/Stock Struts Question??
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:12 PM
no. please read the faq

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:13 PM
Stock struts = BAD NEWS.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:20 PM
alias1429 wrote:no. please read the faq

The FAQ said changing the struts was recomended. It also said that changing the springs is a cheep way of lowering your car. All I wana do is lower my car, I dont care how it handles.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:07 PM
firstcar24 wrote:
alias1429 wrote:no. please read the faq

The FAQ said changing the struts was recomended. It also said that changing the springs is a cheep way of lowering your car. All I wana do is lower my car, I dont care how it handles.

Unfortunitly , if you have low springs on your car, with blown struts. It will ride HORRIBLE and handle just as badly. So in the long run , your hurting your car by taking the cheap way out, and could possibly end up hurting yourself/others if you have to do a quick lane changing manuever, or a quick dodge to avoid someone or something.

Just be safe, and spend the extra few bucks. The cheap way is never the best way.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:38 PM
^^^^^^^Thanks Jerseykid I am going to wait until I get enough money to buy strruts now.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:59 PM
Seriously, you could drop your car correctly for about $500-600. Just get a set of KYB AGX struts and shocks for about $350 shipped off eBay, and pair them up with either the Eibach Pro Kit(1.4"drop and around $230), Tein H Tech(1.1" drop and around $150), or Suspension Techniques(1.2" dropand around $200) springs. The AGX's are only warrantied for a 1.5" drop, and its been said that for ride quality and handling reasons you don't want to go much lower than that anyways. Please don't lower your car just for looks.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:23 AM
firstcar24 wrote:^^^^^^^Thanks Jerseykid I am going to wait until I get enough money to buy strruts now.

No problem man , it sucks saving up the money . I went through it too , but when you do , and you look back on it, you'll be way happier , trust me .

Good luck.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:06 AM
can you lower on stock struts? yes you can but im highly against it. its not smart and not very safe. every once and a while, you will get these people that come in and say yes you can and it rides fine. the majority of these people have no idea how a suspension works or what a good suspension ride is.

you want the car to handle good when you lower it because if you lower on stock struts, they will blow sooner or later and once their blown your going to be bouncing all over the road. see what happens if you have blown struts and your changing lanes on the highway and hit a bump

Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:15 AM
Once again ben there done that dont do it!!! Save money get the correct set up and be safe
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search