Used RK Sport Pro Street Coilovers? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Used RK Sport Pro Street Coilovers?
Monday, January 30, 2006 6:02 PM
so i can get some used RK Sport Pro Street Coilovers for $500. Is that a good deal? The seller said that he set them at his ride height and never adjusted them so the the threads are a little rusted but I KNOW they are not abused at all. The owner is very reputable. Is there an easy way to free them up so that i could adjust them without destroying them. Im going to find out friday whether im getting them or not. let me know what you guys think.

Re: Used RK Sport Pro Street Coilovers?
Monday, January 30, 2006 6:48 PM
I've got a set that are fully adjustable (threads not rusted) and have only been on my car for six months. E-mail me if you are interested.

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:37 PM
email sent

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:43 PM
A little penetrating oil and some soak time will go a long way.

Monday, January 30, 2006 8:15 PM
thanks thats what i was thinking and hoping.

Monday, January 30, 2006 8:37 PM
C.T.S wrote:A little penetrating oil and some soak time will go a long way.

x2

I was going to buy those coilovers from him (you know who I'm talking about, haha) but I'm about to buy (well, trade my truck for...) a new project, so my money is needed for that project more than the Cav. Even if you were to leave those coilovers set at his ride height, you would have no problem w/ them IMO. I've rode in his car and loved how it rode.

You're down near St Louis, right?? I'm planning on bringing the Cav down to one of your meets this summer, by the time you see it (actually, with-in a couple of hours of bringing Ashley home from storage) it will be pure Nuked I bought a suspension first weekend of the month to put on it

Have fun with whichever set of Pro Streets you end up buying

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:02 PM
im west of chicago. everyone things im down south but im west. 45 min south of rockford. but im going for them.

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:05 PM
Haha, I dunno why we all think that you're down by St Louis :doh: I'm about 45 mins from Rockford too, but going down 90. I'm right around where 90, 294, 94, 190, etc all meet up. You-know-who is like 20 mins away from me w/o going on the highway.

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:47 PM
Paul your an idiot.... you've met him before hahahaha

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:30 AM
^ Man, you know how many knew people we had last year!! How am I supposed to remember them all?? Aw shyte, I see he's from Dixon too That's where the current owner of my next project is Vincent, you happen to know a guy named Vic, has a Chevy pick-up on off-road tires? He's also got an 85 Z28 I think.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:16 AM
OK, I looked at Vince's cardomain right before leaving for work, and I think I've figured out who he is Vince, you're the guy from the October Schaumburg meet, right? The one that helped me get a ride to the haunted house? If so, thanks for that I wasn't having much luck finding a ride by myself - altho I was going at it from the wrong angle (trying to have somebody drive my car for me, lol)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:50 AM
yeah hes the one that smashed into the garbage can when he showed up at the forest preserve hahahahahh

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:09 AM
OOhhhh, that dude!! Alright

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 2:44 PM
dont buy anything from vic. garland is the last name, do NOT i repeat DO NOT mention my name dont buy that truck either. trust me do not buy it. DO NOT MENTION MY NAME but do not buy from him. hit me up on messenger sometime and i will explain more. But yeah i @!#$ that garbage can up hardcore. lol

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 3:02 PM
I wasn't planning on buying the truck at all. I was actually going to trade my truck \/ for his ................ (I'll tell ya on Messenger, haha). I'll be out there later this week (probably Friday) to check it out.

I'll hit ya up on on IM's when I get home in a bit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search