Swapping 2002 Cavalier Strut Mounts for 95-98 ones - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Swapping 2002 Cavalier Strut Mounts for 95-98 ones
Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:24 PM
Do I only need to swap the Front Two Strut Mounts for the 95-98 ones???
........or do I need to also swap the Rear Strut Mounts for the 95-98 ones also???

I assume the 2002 Cavalier Rear Strut Mounts are the same as the 95 and up and haven't been changed, but I just want to double check , please correct me if I'm wrong............

What do I all need if I want to do the swap, like strut mounts, duh, but I want the whole assembly, so does the spring seat or whatever come all together, or do I need to buy the mounts and other parts???

Re: Swapping 2002 Cavalier Strut Mounts for 95-98
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:16 PM
Rear mounts are the same 95-05. Fronts just changed design in 2000. You can get it all together (spring seat, bearing, bearing plate).

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:38 PM
Thankz C.T.S............your like a God on here, do u have the computer on 24/7
Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:30 PM
No. But I'm a Network Admin, so I'm in front of an Internet connected PC all day, and I control the Internet Logs. At home I've got cable, my GF has cable, and I've got a laptop with wireless on top of all that. So I'm just really well connected.

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:20 PM
I wanted to do the same since my mounts are all but gone. i got the mounts what else am i missing here. it looks like two pieces in the diagram ad from the pictures in my book. but what do i ask for when i got to get them?

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:25 PM
I don't see the bearing in that picture or the spring seat.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:17 AM
ok the bear should fit into the larger piece on the right of the picture, up in the "bell". there is a washer in there but it does not move smoothly. I know I need to get the top washer. when I tried to get the spring insulator on before and I could not get it to sit naturally on the mount ( from my 2002). this is how i was assembling it ( insulator not shown here because its on the car. ( is the spring seat and insulator the same thing? it looks like what is in the book but it was made to sit flat )

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search