ABS wiring harness question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ABS wiring harness question
Saturday, January 28, 2006 11:24 PM
as most know, I just completed my ecotec swap into my 2002 cavalier and I'm in love <3 the only prob is the wiring harness I got (even tho I specified for ABS) did not have the abs plugs on it for me to hook it up.

So now I'm stuck with ABS and BRAKE lights, and no ABS... which doesn't bother me much but won't be getting me a valid inspection sticker anytime soon

so

I was wondering if I would be able to take the ABS plug and wiring from my 2200 wiring harness, and adapt it to the one I have for the ecotec.

I would imagine its possible, and slightly difficult, but a lot better than bying a new $400 harness ( i got mine for half from a private seller). Any input?

Lenko?

Re: ABS wiring harness question
Saturday, January 28, 2006 11:30 PM
Anything's possible.... how adept are you at pulling wires out of a harness?

Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:32 AM
well i was thinking that the ABS main plug is its own entity (correct me if I'm wrong) and should tie in to the two front wheel speed sensors, and probably the VSS on the trans too.

so I was thinking about ripping the abs main plug, speed sensor connectors, and anything else attached to it and splicing it into the harness I have... I would imagine the master plug that lets the engine interface with the rest of the car should have all the pins I need right?

I have access to the shop manual (the big orange books) for the 04 cavalier and they have pinout diagrams so I'm thinking this is really going to be possible.

My only real question is this: Is the ABS system (wiring I mean) seperate from a majority of the rest of the wiring harness? I don't think it'd be tied into much more than a power source, ground, VSS, and wheel speed sensors... if thats the case, I think this is going to be relatively easy...

Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:53 AM
You sound like you basically know what you're doing. Just do it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search