Last Chance!! Sub Frame Braces for sale!!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Last Chance!! Sub Frame Braces for sale!!!
Saturday, January 28, 2006 4:38 PM
Hello all.

My name is Ken. I am going to be offering My Sub Frame Braces one last time!!
(Limited Quaintly)
If your curious to know what there are look here. Click here

For those you do not know me I have sold MANY of these with no complaints. I have been asked about these recently by enough people that I am going to offer a limited amount to clear out my inventory.

For any questions please Email Me at Ken52307@yahoo.com
I wish I could give you a price here, but that is forbidden. Just shoot me an Email for all the info.

Re: Last Chance!! Sub Frame Braces for sale!!!
Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:54 PM
I thought you were making a diff design of them.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:59 PM
I am way to busy with work to have the time right now. That project has been pushed back till early summer.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:00 PM
PM sent

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:33 AM
ken make a K brace! I'd be all over that @!#$

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:38 PM
A subframe brace yeilds minor results . Using one made from aluminum is just throwing money away.

You really should be making them out of steel.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:24 PM
Zach wrote:A subframe brace yeilds minor results . Using one made from aluminum is just throwing money away.

You really should be making them out of steel.

I tried that, no one was interested. All I heard was that aluminum was better because it breaks easier if you hit something. I sold one brace----the other day. It sat in my basement for almost a year.

When I was offering mine, I e-mailed Ken just to make sure I wasn't stepping on his toes. He gave me the go ahead because he did not have time. I offered, no one bought.

Oh well.

Good luck Ken.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:24 PM
The grade of the bolts being used will determine if the brace is going to be sheared off, not the metal. I would think that aluminum would be more likely to bend up into the transmission pan.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:02 PM
I bought this brace from ken awhile back, think it was on the first batch..i put it on with everything stock..the changes it made where insane, you can feel the difference..i loved it.
Anybody can rant on and on about how the bolts are too thin or it should be made of steel..well this thing has saved my lower powertrain over a dozen times, the roads here are extremely bad in areas..but the brace is still holding up strong *knock on wood*
Onestly I've drove this brace into the concrete so many times that the ends are grinding away and the bolts are bending over, i don't do this as a trill but like i said the road are bad...like yesturday i was headin to pick up a friend..while i was goin down his street i slammed on the brakes cause thought the man-hole cover was missing..well it wasn't, it was only about a foot sunk into the(i kid not)
Ne-waz..all-in-all I'm extremely happy with the brace ken makes, I have no complaints at all
Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:19 PM
Trust me on this Zach. I am not here to argue with you, but look at some other things you are over looking.

1. Steel rust,
2. Steel if it hit something major regardless of the bolts you use, if hit at a fast rate of speed, it WILL bend your Subframe.
3. look at it from my point of view the seller. I rather sell something safer, then having people pissed cause there car is messed up and there out Hundred's of dollars, rather than a few bucks.

I understand what your saying and you are comparing the too in Auto cross conditions, where most people daily drive their cars.

With Aluminium,
1. No rust.
2. Safer for the average daily driver.
3. Lower sale cost, due to no need of rust proofing and/or painting.

Yes steel is stronger, but in this application not that much for the average driver to notice, I have made both, and used both and I am happiest with the aluminum.

So you use weaker bolts with steel. What happens when those bolts break when you hit something, you have a solid chunk of steel bouncing under your car that can lodge its self some where and cause further damage.

I have done MANY test with the aluminum. All that happens at high/low speed. The Aluminum bends and stretches but never comes off. thus reducing the possibility of further damage. I rather Take the chance of denting a Trans pan than harpooning a solid chunk of steel into my car some where.

I have put alot of thinking and thought into all of this. Bottom line< I rather have a safer product that gives you 90% Rather than a more dangerous one that gives you and extra 10%.

Like I said I am not arguing that aluminum will out preform the steel, but I am arguing the fact that I offer a good product that will improve you handling and enjoyment of your car. Hell why put an exhaust on your car and an intake, when you can just spray N20 all day? Cause not everyone is looking to squeeze the most out of something risking failure, for a tad more performance.

90% of J owners on this site are daily drivers, it all kinds of road conditions, You have to think WIDE range when offering a product.

Yes I have in the works a "K" member design, but that will most likely appeal to the hardcore Auto X crowd. The Sub Frame Brace is aimed at everyone else looking to improve there over all ride, with out spending an arm and a leg.

If there were so bad, why have i sold around 80 of them. and never had one complaint?

Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:24 PM
EdgeZ24

Glad to See its still holding up strong for you. And thank you for the kind words.

Eveyone that has sent me an EMAIL so far I will respond shortly, I have just been busy at work to really sit down and get to everyone. I promise you I will get back to you!

Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:31 PM
hey ken 2.2 im interested in one let me know, as well as if you offer other designs.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:05 PM
Ken: I want one...no tow...the big ones...by tonight....and free of course. You know your looking at jail time for slinging stolen parts.
/end tfatf references

but i do really want one still. Wanna see if it'll make any difference in my application.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:12 PM
All I gotta say is that I LOVE my Ken2.2 subframe brace. I think its a great quality peice at a great price. I noticed a nice improvement in handeling and bet your ass if I rip this one off I'm hitting Ken up for another one.

You can see it in my sig

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:22 PM
Have a close up look....

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:36 AM
I'd be down for one.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:55 AM
still waiting to see if therer will be a subframe brace that is the otherway around. I had to many clearance issues when i had my brace. I turned my upside down it would have almost fitt except for place that could have been trimmed.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, January 30, 2006 2:14 PM
mmmmmmm how much?

Monday, January 30, 2006 3:10 PM
He cant say.. pm him for a price.. i don't think the mods like when he brings up price..
im also interested in one ken.. what will change with the new design during summer? PM me a price if u could.

Monday, January 30, 2006 3:25 PM
This isn't the area to sell things. So if you want to talk about prices you need to take it to the Classifieds or the GP. That's why.

Monday, January 30, 2006 4:23 PM
KEN 2.2 wrote:
If there were so bad, why have i sold around 80 of them. and never had one complaint?

Psshh!!! Please, boy!!

Need I remind you of these pics...

'Nuff said. And to those wondering, YES it did twist my actual sub-frame!! That was some seriously messed ish tho... Oh yea, that happened the morning after I lowered my car. Forgot the company, but they're 1.75" drop springs. Now I get to use a Ken2.2 SFB as a 'protective device' against thugs

BTW Ken, I'll be looking forward to your new design K-Member. I certainly hope that it will be high-clearance?? B/c I'm going lower this summer ... A LOT lower I'll be fixing up that sub-frame so I can finally put something back down there... maybe a Ken2.2 skid plate

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:12 PM
damn.... if only my exhaust wasnt so low right there, i would have one.

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:52 PM
Um yea Paul You drove into a Curb. I cant protect against poor driving. lol
Just imagine how your trans would have looked.

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:02 PM
PM sent!

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, January 30, 2006 7:16 PM
It wasn't a curb tho It was just the street/pavement. Semi's pushed up the center part of the pavement right where a big patch was replaced, and I never had probs w/ it before the drop, lol. "Just imagine how your trans would have looked." Did you see the pics?? I managed to scrape that too!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search