strutbar? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strutbar?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:49 PM
Hey all i went to part source about 3 weeks ago and ordered my front strut bar, they said it will be 5 days, didnt show, and they said it would be black. So anywho i got it today colour silver, and guess what. its the wrong type, the bar is to high for my hood, and to give part source the benefit of the doubt i tried installing it on my bros 2004 stock cavy, and it is still to high. what gives?

The brand name is ractive.
i will probly not be buying any parts from them in the future and there 10 percent restocking fee or something dumb like that.

Re: strutbar?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:49 PM
your mounting it upside down, the curve actually goes down, not up like on most cars

Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:19 PM
dude!!!!!! I FEEL SOO STUPID!!!

anywho how do i get past the modified original intake then and computer module?
computer module i can just bend the mount on.
but the intake thats gonna be a problem?
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:27 AM
Intake: Remodify it. Computer: Bend the bracket or relocate.

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:00 AM
you can move the bracket for the computer from the back post to the front and you have more room to work with. just put it on top of the STB not underneath.. and those nuts.bolts only torque to 18 in lbs

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:10 AM
Cool sounds good, but i cannot modify my intake again, its ram air, using the orig intake, if i move my intake then ram air is no good. I cannot even have the bar leaning on it, as it doesnt seem with the rubber surround. But im gonna get off early today to work on my car.
Friday, January 27, 2006 8:16 AM
Shane Ends wrote:Cool sounds good, but i cannot modify my intake again, its ram air, using the orig intake, if i move my intake then ram air is no good. I cannot even have the bar leaning on it, as it doesnt seem with the rubber surround. But im gonna get off early today to work on my car.

sell it and get yourself the GM bar. it will work with the ram air hood and the stock air box.

gm parts direct or a local u-pull-it are good sources for it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search